Linux.com: KDE: Konspiracy, Kalumny, Konsternation?
Aug 31, 2000, 08:46 (51 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Master Sibn)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"A few important things the KDE team and its advocates
should realize, however, is that although GNOME is now considered
by many to be "the default desktop," that really doesn't mean
anything. Consider that we still have the ultimate choice in
what software powers our desktop."
"There is no anti-KDE conspiracy brewing; at least none with
actual conspiracy coordination. I don't like KDE, and never have.
It's not because I dislike the language or licensing (although the
more I think about it, the less sense it makes), it's because I
don't like the feel of the environment. If that's a result of the
Qt widget set as I'll wager it is, then in order to fully win me
over as a KDE user, Qt must be evolved out of the environment."
"Some conspiracy theorists have speculated (not altogether
quietly) that the favoritism being shown the GNOME Foundation is
mostly as a result of the fact that KDE is primarily maintained by
Europeans, while GNOME is born in the USA. As an impartial
journalist, let me tell you that I had no idea that KDE was from
Europe until reading it there. I didn't know it then, and I don't
care about it now. I will use whatever software allows me to work
comfortably and in a productive manner."
- LinuxPower: GNOME triumphant, now lets rally to give users a real choice(Aug 29, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Peace and Bread in Time of War: GNOME Defended(Aug 28, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Mandrakesoft calls for CEASE FIRE in KDE-GNOME war: diversity is strength of Free-Software(Aug 24, 2000)
- ZDNet: GNOME on the range(Aug 23, 2000)
- UPDATED: LinuxPlanet: Conned by the Gnomes [revised with Stallman comment](Aug 23, 2000)
- ZDNet: GNOME vs. KDE: This means war?(Aug 22, 2000)
- OLinux.com.br: KDE Release 2.0 by Mathias Ettrich [Q&A w/Ettrich](Aug 21, 2000)
- osOpinion: The GNOME Ascendant(Aug 21, 2000)
- Slashdot: KDE Developer on the GNOME Foundation(Aug 19, 2000)
- osOpinion: Beating them with their own code: why GNOME can't kill KDE(Aug 18, 2000)
- eWeek: GNOME Throws Down the Gauntlet(Aug 17, 2000)
- LWN: A talk with KDE developer Kurt Granroth(Aug 17, 2000)
- The Register: KDE responds: we're not scared(Aug 15, 2000)