KDE: Official Response to GNOME Foundation
Sep 01, 2000, 13:51 (47 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"The recent announcements regarding the formation of a GNOME
Foundation coupled with the Sun/Hewlett Packard decision to use
GNOME as their standard desktop has resulted in a deluge of
requests to the KDE Core Team asking what our "position" is. Well,
this is it. We offer this position paper in the hope that we
can put this behind us and get back to coding."
"We should caution all readers that the responses are all in
more detail than we really think is necessary. We would like to
answer the question like this:"
"Q: How much does creation of GNOME Foundation
affect KDE development?"
"A: As much as the birth of the last baby polar
bear at the Quebec City Zoo" (i.e., not at all)"
"But these days, that doesn't seem enough. So read on."
- LinuxPower: GNOME triumphant, now lets rally to give users a real choice(Aug 30, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Peace and Bread in Time of War: GNOME Defended(Aug 29, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, It's Off to War We Go(Aug 23, 2000)
- UPDATED: LinuxPlanet: Conned by the Gnomes [revised with Stallman comment](Aug 23, 2000)
- Smart Partner: Will Linux, Unix Share Same User Interface?(Aug 23, 2000)
- Slashdot: KDE Developer on the GNOME Foundation(Aug 19, 2000)
- eWeek: GNOME Throws Down the Gauntlet(Aug 17, 2000)
- LWN: A talk with KDE developer Kurt Granroth(Aug 17, 2000)
- ComputerWorld: Unix vendors adopt Gnome desktop(Aug 17, 2000)
- The Register: KDE responds: we're not scared(Aug 15, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Working Today Trumps High-Powered Vapor(Aug 15, 2000)
- The Register: Sun puts dollars and suits behind GNOME(Aug 14, 2000)