ISP-Planet: eServer.group for Apache Web Servers
Sep 09, 2000, 15:40 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Wayne Kawamoto)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
By Wayne Kawamoto, ISP-Planet
Allows dynamic deployment of web servers, reducing amount of
Technauts announced that
it has expanded the capabilities of its eServer.group to include
failover/redundancy at the application level for Apache Web
servers. According to the company, this new technology eliminates
the potential failure of individual Web sites by enabling a site to
fail over to another server if application or hardware problems are
The company says that Apache with failover/redundancy capability
provides increased efficiency, cost-effectiveness and ease of use.
Major benefits being touted by Technauts include:
- Support for dynamic backup for a group of web servers vs.
competitive environments in which each device requires its own
- Backup servers may be dedicated redundant devices or may be
used for other purposes such as NAS or Web servers.
- Eliminating redundant hardware. For example, in an ISP setting,
shared Web servers can act as backups for other shared, as well as
dedicated, servers, which may reduce hardware expenses and maximize
- Monitoring of status and performance for both Apache
application and Web server.
'"We are continuing our commitment to provide a service-enabling
framework that allows ISPs and ASPs to deploy fault-tolerant
solutions that enhance their customers' Web experience," said Larry
Deaton, Technauts president and CEO. "eServer.group gives service
providers an additional source of recurring monthly revenue while
ensuring their customers peace of mind."
"Technauts is addressing customer demand by combining the
functionality and flexibility of its eServer.group technology with
Apache's strength in the marketplace," said Eric Klein, senior
analyst with the Yankee Group. "This greatly expands the number of
companies who can take advantage of Technauts' fault tolerant
Availability and Pricing
The Technauts eServer solution with failover/redundancy for Apache
Web servers is available now priced at $599.
- BW: Technauts Announces eSserver.group, the Premier Technology for High-Availability(May 10, 2000)
- BW: Technauts Partners With TCS to Build Core Software Development Center in India(Mar 13, 2000)
- CRN: Technauts eServers Aim At SMB, ASP Markets(Feb 18, 2000)
- InternetWeek: Appliances Gain Reliability -- Technauts Offers Net Servers With Failover(Dec 14, 1999)
- InternetWeek: Technauts To Offer Fail-Over Clustering(Dec 07, 1999)
- BW: Technauts Announces First Commercially Available Failover/redundancy Technology for Linux(Dec 07, 1999)
- Internet Week: Technauts Launches E-Mail Server Appliance(Jun 17, 1999)
- Data Communications: Thin Server -- Thin Is In -- Technauts E-Server 152
can help ease the e-commerce adjustment(Jan 11, 1999)