Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:58:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds email@example.com
Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: SCSI scanning
Ok, there's a test9-pre3 there now..
The SCSI stuff is pretty straightforward, and it works for me (and I also
built a kernel with all regular x86-capable SCSI drivers included, so the
others got at least that level of testing). But there are some non-x86
scsi drivers out there etc, so give it a whirl.
Basic approach: remove all #ifdef MODULE, and get rid of the hosts.c
hardcoded listing of SCSI devices - let SCSI controller drivers do their
- USB: OHCI controller unlink and bandwidth reclamation fixes
- USB: storage update
- sparc64: register window race. Non-deadlock rwlocks.
- name clash in hamradio/pi2.c and hamradio/pt.c
- epic100 credits, 8139too driver update, sr.c initcalls
- acenic update
- NFS sillyrename fixups
- mktime(). Do it just once - not 16 times.
- misc small fixes to random drivers by Tigran
- IDE driver picks up master/slave relationships on its own.
- truncate unmapped/uptodate case handled correctly
- don't do notifier locking at low level: higher levels do (or
should do) this already.
- ACPI interpreter updates (and file renames - making this part big)
- SysKonnect gigabit driver update
- 3c59x driver update
- pcmcia debounce logic. Ugh.
- MM balancing (Rik Riel)
- "extern inline" -> "static inline". It doesn't matter right now,
but it's proactive for future gcc versions.
- various net drvr updates and fixes
- more initcall updates
- PPC updates (including PPC-related drivers etc)
- disallow re-mounting same filesystem in same place multiple times.
Too confusing. And /etc/mtab gets strange.
- Riel VM update
- sparc updates
- PCI bridge scanning fix: assign numbers properly
- network updates
- scsi fixes
- uninitialized == zero. Remove extra initializers.
- block_prepare_write and block_truncate_page: if the page is
up-to-date, then so are the buffer heads inside it once they
- SCSI initialization - move over to the modular case. No more
- Sync up with Alans 2.2.x driver changes
- networking updates (iipv6 works non-modular etc)
- netfilter update
- adfs correct dentry operations
- ARM update (including ARM drivers)
- acenic driver update
- floppy: we'd better hold the io_request_lock when playing with "CURRENT".
- NFS cache coherency across file locking fix
- NFS over TCP - handle TCP socket writability right..
- USB updates
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.