Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds email@example.com
To: Kernel Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org
This should fix the VM deadlocks (knock wood), and adds the infrastructure
for better samba serving. And lots of small details...
- USB: OHCI controller unlink and bandwidth reclamation fixes
- USB: storage update
- sparc64: register window race. Non-deadlock rwlocks.
- name clash in hamradio/pi2.c and hamradio/pt.c
- epic100 credits, 8139too driver update, sr.c initcalls
- acenic update
- NFS sillyrename fixups
- mktime(). Do it just once - not 16 times.
- misc small fixes to random drivers by Tigran
- IDE driver picks up master/slave relationships on its own.
- truncate unmapped/uptodate case handled correctly
- don't do notifier locking at low level: higher levels do (or
should do) this already.
- ACPI interpreter updates (and file renames - making this part big)
- SysKonnect gigabit driver update
- 3c59x driver update
- pcmcia debounce logic. Ugh.
- MM balancing (Rik Riel)
- "extern inline" -> "static inline". It doesn't matter right now,
but it's proactive for future gcc versions.
- various net drvr updates and fixes
- more initcall updates
- PPC updates (including PPC-related drivers etc)
- disallow re-mounting same filesystem in same place multiple times.
Too confusing. And /etc/mtab gets strange.
- Riel VM update
- sparc updates
- PCI bridge scanning fix: assign numbers properly
- network updates
- scsi fixes
- uninitialized == zero. Remove extra initializers.
- block_prepare_write and block_truncate_page: if the page is
up-to-date, then so are the buffer heads inside it once they
- SCSI initialization - move over to the modular case. No more
- Sync up with Alans 2.2.x driver changes
- networking updates (iipv6 works non-modular etc)
- netfilter update
- adfs correct dentry operations
- ARM update (including ARM drivers)
- acenic driver update
- floppy: we'd better hold the io_request_lock when playing with "CURRENT".
- NFS cache coherency across file locking fix
- NFS over TCP - handle TCP socket writability right..
- USB updates
- more USB updates
- continued SCSI cleanup
- more drivers synced to Alan's 2.2.x changes
- sis900 driver update
- Andries: net device name allocation as in 2.2.x
- pmac SCSI driver init update
- ixj telephony driver fixes
- _fput/__fput are no longer used.
- more USB updates
- codafs update
- byteorder: use statement expressions instead of macros, to avoid argument re-use.
- don't disallow Onstream ide-scsi devices
- fix cardbus bridge resources..
- Make SCSI initialization order be same as before.
- Add Camino chipset ID to eepro100 driver.
- VM UP deadlock fix
- codafs fixups
- networking updates
- USB uhci updates
- makefile documentation update
- emu10k stereo sound fix.
- new PCI ids
- more linux-2.2 driver sync-ups
- VIA IDE driver bugfixes
- update atp ISA net driver
- file locking fixes
- make the scsi-generic module work properly again.
- careful memory ordering by Andrea..
- alpha RTC year magic again..
- broadcast I/O APIC interrupt MP-tables are legal..
- samba 2.2 needs leases for efficient file sharing. They are kind
of like file locks with async IO notification.
- teach st.c about some SCSI tapes that really aren't SCSI tapes (OnStream)
- TUN/TAP driver: use proper device number (misc device, minor=200).
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.