Linus Torvalds: Linux-2.4.0-test9-pre6
Sep 23, 2000, 00:36 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds email@example.com
To: Kernel Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org
This should fix the VM deadlocks (knock wood), and adds the infrastructure
for better samba serving. And lots of small details...
- USB: OHCI controller unlink and bandwidth reclamation fixes
- USB: storage update
- sparc64: register window race. Non-deadlock rwlocks.
- name clash in hamradio/pi2.c and hamradio/pt.c
- epic100 credits, 8139too driver update, sr.c initcalls
- acenic update
- NFS sillyrename fixups
- mktime(). Do it just once - not 16 times.
- misc small fixes to random drivers by Tigran
- IDE driver picks up master/slave relationships on its own.
- truncate unmapped/uptodate case handled correctly
- don't do notifier locking at low level: higher levels do (or
should do) this already.
- ACPI interpreter updates (and file renames - making this part big)
- SysKonnect gigabit driver update
- 3c59x driver update
- pcmcia debounce logic. Ugh.
- MM balancing (Rik Riel)
- "extern inline" -> "static inline". It doesn't matter right now,
but it's proactive for future gcc versions.
- various net drvr updates and fixes
- more initcall updates
- PPC updates (including PPC-related drivers etc)
- disallow re-mounting same filesystem in same place multiple times.
Too confusing. And /etc/mtab gets strange.
- Riel VM update
- sparc updates
- PCI bridge scanning fix: assign numbers properly
- network updates
- scsi fixes
- uninitialized == zero. Remove extra initializers.
- block_prepare_write and block_truncate_page: if the page is
up-to-date, then so are the buffer heads inside it once they
- SCSI initialization - move over to the modular case. No more
- Sync up with Alans 2.2.x driver changes
- networking updates (iipv6 works non-modular etc)
- netfilter update
- adfs correct dentry operations
- ARM update (including ARM drivers)
- acenic driver update
- floppy: we'd better hold the io_request_lock when playing with "CURRENT".
- NFS cache coherency across file locking fix
- NFS over TCP - handle TCP socket writability right..
- USB updates
- more USB updates
- continued SCSI cleanup
- more drivers synced to Alan's 2.2.x changes
- sis900 driver update
- Andries: net device name allocation as in 2.2.x
- pmac SCSI driver init update
- ixj telephony driver fixes
- _fput/__fput are no longer used.
- more USB updates
- codafs update
- byteorder: use statement expressions instead of macros, to avoid argument re-use.
- don't disallow Onstream ide-scsi devices
- fix cardbus bridge resources..
- Make SCSI initialization order be same as before.
- Add Camino chipset ID to eepro100 driver.
- VM UP deadlock fix
- codafs fixups
- networking updates
- USB uhci updates
- makefile documentation update
- emu10k stereo sound fix.
- new PCI ids
- more linux-2.2 driver sync-ups
- VIA IDE driver bugfixes
- update atp ISA net driver
- file locking fixes
- make the scsi-generic module work properly again.
- careful memory ordering by Andrea..
- alpha RTC year magic again..
- broadcast I/O APIC interrupt MP-tables are legal..
- samba 2.2 needs leases for efficient file sharing. They are kind
of like file locks with async IO notification.
- teach st.c about some SCSI tapes that really aren't SCSI tapes (OnStream)
- TUN/TAP driver: use proper device number (misc device, minor=200).