Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds email@example.com
To: Kernel Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org
Noticeable: the IDE initialization, more VM work, and MD should work in
Famous last words.
- USB: documentation.
- Yeah. MD/LVM should really be fixed this time.
- SH architecture update
- i810 RNG driver update
- IDE-PCI: make sure we initialize the chipsets correctly
- VIA IDE driver fixes
- VM balancing, part 53761 of 798321
- SCHED_YIELD cleanups
- initialize to zero -> put it in the .bss instead
- no extended dumb serial driver options, if no dumb serial driver
- access() on a special file on a read-only filesystem is special.
- DRM update
- fix SCHED_YIELD problems.
- quintela: fix the synchronous wait on kmem_cache_shrink().
This should fix the mmap02 lockup.
- syncppp got lost in the Makefile reshuffle. Unlose it.
- firewire update
- flock blocking list fix
- correct watchdog initialization order
- USB-storage: reset fixes. Race condition fixes.
- USB: fix freeing already free'd device.
- minix truncate fixes
- USB: pack only the relevant subset, not the whole descriptor (so
as to not create extra unaligned fields).
- nfsfh: DCACHE_NFSD_DISCONNECTED checking typo
- dquota silly bugfix
- sound updates (get rid of check_region, check request_region() instead)
- scsihosts boottime parameter passing
- avoid double init of MD
- eicon ISDN driver update
- fix Cyrix MTRR thinko
- toshiba driver 2.4.x update
- Makefile subdirectory traversal cleanup and documentation
- cciss typos from bad merge fixed
- cdrom driver oops fix for CONFIG_SYSCTL=y CONFIG_PROC_FS=n
- coda initialization - we already did the module_init, no need for
the extra double init.
- USB: remember to release the kernel lock and other updates..
- recognize the k6 model 13: it's a K6-2+ mobile processor.
- file locking deadlock detection bugfix..
- NFSv3 is not really really experimental any more.
- don't raise privileges when re-trying a failed NFS RPM request
- alpha cross-compile fixes..
- sound init cleanups
- shm statistics bugfix.
- nfsd: mark us as a O_LARGEFILE case, so that the VFS allows
the full 64-bit access..
- fix up ac97 codec initialization
- Ingo: clean up VM handling, improve balancing.
- add SGI PCI ID's.
- export the new lock copy/init functions
- cs4281 sound driver
- official Compaq CISS driver.
- TUN/TAP driver: use proper device number (misc device, minor=200).
- teach st.c about some SCSI tapes that really aren't SCSI tapes (OnStream)
- samba 2.2 needs leases for efficient file sharing. They are kind
of like file locks with async IO notification.
- broadcast I/O APIC interrupt MP-tables are legal..
- alpha RTC year magic again..
- careful memory ordering by Andrea..
- make the scsi-generic module work properly again.
- file locking fixes
- update atp ISA net driver
- VIA IDE driver bugfixes
- more linux-2.2 driver sync-ups
- new PCI ids
- emu10k stereo sound fix.
- makefile documentation update
- USB uhci updates
- networking updates
- codafs fixups
- VM UP deadlock fix
- Add Camino chipset ID to eepro100 driver.
- Make SCSI initialization order be same as before.
- fix cardbus bridge resources..
- don't disallow Onstream ide-scsi devices
- byteorder: use statement expressions instead of macros, to avoid argument re-use.
- codafs update
- more USB updates
- _fput/__fput are no longer used.
- ixj telephony driver fixes
- pmac SCSI driver init update
- Andries: net device name allocation as in 2.2.x
- sis900 driver update
- more drivers synced to Alan's 2.2.x changes
- continued SCSI cleanup
- more USB updates
- USB updates
- NFS over TCP - handle TCP socket writability right..
- NFS cache coherency across file locking fix
- floppy: we'd better hold the io_request_lock when playing with "CURRENT".
- acenic driver update
- ARM update (including ARM drivers)
- adfs correct dentry operations
- netfilter update
- networking updates (iipv6 works non-modular etc)
- Sync up with Alans 2.2.x driver changes
- SCSI initialization - move over to the modular case. No more
- block_prepare_write and block_truncate_page: if the page is
up-to-date, then so are the buffer heads inside it once they
- uninitialized == zero. Remove extra initializers.
- scsi fixes
- network updates
- PCI bridge scanning fix: assign numbers properly
- sparc updates
- Riel VM update
- disallow re-mounting same filesystem in same place multiple times.
Too confusing. And /etc/mtab gets strange.
- PPC updates (including PPC-related drivers etc)
- more initcall updates
- various net drvr updates and fixes
- "extern inline" -> "static inline". It doesn't matter right now,
but it's proactive for future gcc versions.
- MM balancing (Rik Riel)
- pcmcia debounce logic. Ugh.
- 3c59x driver update
- SysKonnect gigabit driver update
- ACPI interpreter updates (and file renames - making this part big)
- don't do notifier locking at low level: higher levels do (or
should do) this already.
- truncate unmapped/uptodate case handled correctly
- IDE driver picks up master/slave relationships on its own.
- misc small fixes to random drivers by Tigran
- mktime(). Do it just once - not 16 times.
- NFS sillyrename fixups
- acenic update
- epic100 credits, 8139too driver update, sr.c initcalls
- name clash in hamradio/pi2.c and hamradio/pt.c
- sparc64: register window race. Non-deadlock rwlocks.
- USB: storage update
- USB: OHCI controller unlink and bandwidth reclamation fixes
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.