GNOME Gnotices: GNOME Foundation Elections
Oct 05, 2000, 12:59 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Bart Decrem)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 08:55:39 -0700
From: Bart Decrem email@example.com
Subject: GNOME Foundation elections
The first-ever elections for the GNOME Foundation's Board of Directors
will be held November 1-8. The GNOME Foundation will coordinate GNOME
releases, speak on behalf of the GNOME project and more. See http://foundation.gnome.org for
the foundation's charter, an FAQ, a list of registered voters,
elections rules and more.
Anyone who has contributed in any way to GNOME is welcome to vote, but
first you must register. Register to vote by October 30 by sending email
to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, and a short list
of how you contributed to GNOME. [eg: Havoc Pennington
hp@no_spam.redhat.com (GConf, GTK+, gnome-libs, odd jobs)] Please
respect this format or you're going to drive Martin and Dan crazy!
People with CVS accounts can just add themselves to membership.txt in
the gnome-foundation module.
Everyone who is registered to vote can also announce their candidacy for
the election. There are 11 slots on the board, so the 11 candidates with
the highest number of votes will be elected. To announce your candidacy,
please check out the candidacy page. The deadline for submitting
candidacies is October 23.
The elections will run from November 1-8.
- AllAfrica.com: GNOME Foundation To Benefit South Africa(Sep 21, 2000)
- GNOME.org: GNOME Foundation and GNOME User FAQs Posted(Sep 11, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Disco Night at the Old Folks' Home(Aug 30, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Peace and Bread in Time of War: GNOME Defended(Aug 28, 2000)
- LinuxNews.com: GNOME Foundation's Members Outline Goals--and Position on MS Competition(Aug 24, 2000)
- UPDATED: LinuxPlanet: Conned by the Gnomes [revised with Stallman comment](Aug 23, 2000)
- eWeek: Building up Linux [via GNOME Foundation](Aug 21, 2000)
- Slashdot: KDE Developer on the GNOME Foundation(Aug 19, 2000)
- eWeek: GNOME Throws Down the Gauntlet(Aug 17, 2000)
- ComputerWorld: Unix vendors adopt Gnome desktop(Aug 16, 2000)
- Wired: Linux Mounts MS Offense [w/GNOME Foundation](Aug 15, 2000)
- The Register: KDE responds: we're not scared(Aug 15, 2000)