Linus Torvalds: 2.4.0-test11-pre1
Nov 07, 2000, 21:39 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:06:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Linus Torvalds email@example.com
To: Kernel Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org
Mostly driver updates.
With a few notable exceptions: two rather subtle MM race conditions that
happened with SMP and highmem respectively. And the FXCSR and file locking
that was already discussed on the list.
- me: make PCMCIA work even in the absense of PCI irq's
- me: add irq mapping capabilities for Cyrix southbridges
- me: make IBMMCA compile right as a module
- me: uhhuh. Major atomic-PTE SMP race boo-boo. Fixed.
- Andrea Arkangeli: don't allow people to set security-conscious
bits in mxcsr through ptrace SETFPXREGS.
- Jürgen Fischer: aha152x update
- Andrew Morton, Trond Myklebust: file locking fixes
- me: TLB invalidate race with highmem
- Paul Fulghum: synclink/n_hdlc driver updates
- David Miller: export sysctl_jiffies, and have the proper no-sysctl
- Neil Brown: RAID driver deadlock and nsfd read access to
execute-only files fix
- Keith Owens: clean up module information passing, remove
- Jeff Garzik: network (and other) driver fixes and cleanups
- Andrea Arkangeli: scheduler cleanup.
- Ching-Ling Li: fix ALi sound driver memory leak
- Anton Altaparmakov: upcase fix for NTFS
- Thomas Woller: CS4281 audio update