Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:52:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Linus Torvalds email@example.com
To: Kernel Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org
Nothing stands out as affecting most people here. Security fix for /proc,
and various cleanups. Alpha and sparc fixes. If you use RAID or ramdisk,
- Stephen Rothwell: directory notify could return with the lock held
- Richard Henderson: CLOCKS_PER_SEC on alpha.
- Jeff Garzik: ramfs and highmem: kmap() the page to clear it
- Asit Mallick: enable the APIC in the official order
- Neil Brown: avoid rd deadlock on io_request_lock by using a
private rd-request function. This also avoids unnecessary
request merging at this level.
- Ben LaHaise: vmalloc threadign and overflow fix
- Randy Dunlap: USB updates (plusb driver). PCI cacheline size.
- Neil Brown: fix a raid1 on top of lvm bug that crept in in pre1
- Alan Cox: various (Athlon mmx copy, NULL ptr checks for
- Al Viro: fix /proc permission check security hole.
- Can-Ru Yeou: SiS301 fbcon driver
- Andrew Morton: NMI oopser and kernel page fault punch through
both console_lock and timerlist_lock to make sure it prints out..
- Jeff Garzik: clean up "kmap()" return type (it returns a kernel
virtual address, ie a "void *").
- Jeff Garzik: network driver docs, various one-liners.
- David Miller: add generic "special" flag to page flags, to be
used by architectures as they see fit. Like keeping track of
cache coherency issues.
- David Miller: sparc64 updates, make sparc32 boot again
- Davdi Millner: spel "synchronous" correctly
- David Miller: networking - fix some bridge issues, and correct
IPv6 sysctl entries.
- Dan Aloni: make fork.c use proper macro rather than doing
get_exec_domain() by hand.
- me: make PCMCIA work even in the absense of PCI irq's
- me: add irq mapping capabilities for Cyrix southbridges
- me: make IBMMCA compile right as a module
- me: uhhuh. Major atomic-PTE SMP race boo-boo. Fixed.
- Andrea Arkangeli: don't allow people to set security-conscious
bits in mxcsr through ptrace SETFPXREGS.
- Jürgen Fischer: aha152x update
- Andrew Morton, Trond Myklebust: file locking fixes
- me: TLB invalidate race with highmem
- Paul Fulghum: synclink/n_hdlc driver updates
- David Miller: export sysctl_jiffies, and have the proper no-sysctl
- Neil Brown: RAID driver deadlock and nsfd read access to
execute-only files fix
- Keith Owens: clean up module information passing, remove
- Jeff Garzik: network (and other) driver fixes and cleanups
- Andrea Arkangeli: scheduler cleanup.
- Ching-Ling Li: fix ALi sound driver memory leak
- Anton Altaparmakov: upcase fix for NTFS
- Thomas Woller: CS4281 audio update
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.