The Standard/Reuters: Will Netscape 6 Pack a Punch?
Nov 14, 2000, 16:41 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Netscape Senior Vice President and General Manager Jim Martin
said in a phone interview the latest version will help Netscape
regain some of its lost market share. The latest version of the
browser has been downloaded about 3.5 million times since its first
beta version was released in April."
"Netscape will have to get third-party and original
equipment manufacturer support, make sure its marketing and ad
messages are on the mark and work with Internet appliance makers to
use Netscape's Gecko technology."
"The latest version of the browser will also be launched Tuesday
in Britain, France, Germany and Japan for the first time, providing
international users with a browser and online environment tailored
to their local region."
"Netscape is also expected to strike deals with Primedia to
feature print advertising across its multiple publications. It is
also expected to launch major marketing initiatives with Internet
service providers, computer manufacturers and Web companies to
distribute Netscape 6 browser software."
- CNET News.com: Netscape 6 finally ships after 32-month gestation(Nov 14, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Mozilla--A Lizard for All Seasons(Nov 11, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Netscape Navigator 6.0 to Fail Standards Compliance: An Update(Nov 09, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Netscape Navigator 6.0 to Fail Standards Compliance(Nov 09, 2000)
- ZDNet UK: Experts argue over Netscape 6.0(Nov 08, 2000)
- mozillaZine: Netscape Cannot Win(Nov 07, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Mozilla - The Lizard of Legend(Nov 02, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Mozilla for Nano-X Launched, Enabling Mozilla for Linux Handhelds and Set-tops.
(Oct 18, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Netscape 6 Preview Release 3 -- Strike 3: Is NS 6 Out?(Oct 14, 2000)
- Mozilla.org: Fizzilla - Mozilla for MacOS X(Oct 11, 2000)
- Upside: Learning the ways of Mozilla(Oct 11, 2000)
- eWeek: Netscape 6: Bad message for biz users(Oct 09, 2000)
- Wired: Netscape 6 Ready for Browsing(Oct 05, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Getting Your Work Into Mozilla(Oct 02, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Editor's Note: Mozilla Revisited(Oct 02, 2000)
- KDE Dot News: Corel ports Mozilla to Qt(Sep 21, 2000)
- Mozilla.org: Mozilla Development Roadmap(Sep 20, 2000)
- LinuxPower: Mozilla Strikes Back(Sep 14, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Mozilla is Not Netscape (and Other True Facts)(Aug 27, 2000)