From: David Faure firstname.lastname@example.org
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Here is the current release schedule for KDE 2.0.1 and KDE 2.1.
- Last day for translations, documentation, icons and critical bugfixes
commits to the KDE_2_0_BRANCH
Tue 28/11 morning
- The CVS is tagged KDE_2_0_1, tarballs are released to the packagers
The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs, packaging and writing the
announcement and changelog.
- Spread sources and binaries to mirror sites
- Announce KDE 2.0.1
- At that point the HEAD branch is frozen : no new features, bugfixes
commits only, patches must be reviewed, no commit that modifies an
application's behaviour (to avoid changes in the docu), and no i18n string changes.
- Beta version of KDE 2.1 - release of source tarballs only.
- The CVS is tagged KDE_2_1, tarballs are released to the packagers
The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs, packaging and writing the announcement and changelog.
- Tarballs are made out of the HEAD of CVS, for KDE 2.1 Beta 1
- They are both made public asap, and given to packagers
- Announce KDE 2.1 Beta 1
- Go on holidays and have a happy Christmas
- Decide whether the next release is KDE 2.1 Beta 2 or KDE 2.1 final :)
This also means the freeze on the 04/12 is a feature freeze, but not an i18n freeze (for bugfixes that need an i18n change).
This is obviously open to discussion.
David FAURE, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.