David Faure: KDE 2.0.1 and 2.1 Release Schedule
Nov 20, 2000, 13:56 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by David Faure)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
From: David Faure email@example.com
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the current release schedule for KDE 2.0.1 and KDE 2.1.
- Last day for translations, documentation, icons and critical bugfixes
commits to the KDE_2_0_BRANCH
Tue 28/11 morning
- The CVS is tagged KDE_2_0_1, tarballs are released to the packagers
The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs, packaging and writing the
announcement and changelog.
- Spread sources and binaries to mirror sites
- Announce KDE 2.0.1
- At that point the HEAD branch is frozen : no new features, bugfixes
commits only, patches must be reviewed, no commit that modifies an
application's behaviour (to avoid changes in the docu), and no i18n string changes.
- Beta version of KDE 2.1 - release of source tarballs only.
- The CVS is tagged KDE_2_1, tarballs are released to the packagers
The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs, packaging and writing the announcement and changelog.
- Tarballs are made out of the HEAD of CVS, for KDE 2.1 Beta 1
- They are both made public asap, and given to packagers
- Announce KDE 2.1 Beta 1
- Go on holidays and have a happy Christmas
- Decide whether the next release is KDE 2.1 Beta 2 or KDE 2.1 final :)
This also means the freeze on the 04/12 is a feature freeze, but not an i18n freeze (for bugfixes that need an i18n change).
This is obviously open to discussion.
David FAURE, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org