MozillaQuest: Mozilla's ChatZilla -- The Lizard Speaks: Real Internet Chatting & Communication
Nov 23, 2000, 18:38 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mike Angelo)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ This is an update of the piece that first appeared in
May in Mozillazine. The main changes are in the section,
ChatZilla Quick Tour/Demo," to update the tour/demo from M16 to
M18; quotes below are from that section - LT ed. ]
"After you start the Mozilla browser, just click on Tasks on the
main Menu bar. Then when the Tasks menu drops down, click on IRC
Chat. That will launch ChatZilla. Notice the box named client on
the toolbar in the upper left of the ChatZilla application window.
That's called a View Button."
"Next for your ChatZilla demo, please type /attach moznet in the
edit (input) box. That will connect your ChatZilla client to the
Mozilla Organization IRC network. Likely a box will pop up when you
do that and it will ask you to type in and enter a nickname that
you want for your name on IRC. Once you are connected to moznet, a
view button labeled "moznet" will appear on the view bar next to
the "client" view button."
"Next you can join chat channels. For example try joining
#Mozillazine by typing /join #mozillazine in the edit (input) box
and then pressing the enter key. When you join a channel
(#mozillazine in this example) a view button labeled with the
channel name (#mozilline here) is added to the toolbar. The
#mozillazine view button has the yellow light since chat on
#mozillazine now is displayed in the output (channel) window. "
Story [ Story in small parts spread across multiple pages
- Linux Journal: The Many Faces of Mozilla(Nov 14, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Mozilla--A Lizard for All Seasons(Nov 11, 2000)
- mozillaZine: Netscape Cannot Win(Nov 07, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Mozilla - The Lizard of Legend(Nov 02, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Mozilla for Nano-X Launched, Enabling Mozilla for Linux Handhelds and Set-tops.
(Oct 18, 2000)
- Mozilla M18 binaries have been released(Oct 13, 2000)
- Mozilla.org: Fizzilla - Mozilla for MacOS X(Oct 11, 2000)
- Upside: Learning the ways of Mozilla(Oct 11, 2000)
- mozillaZine: Mozilla & Chatzilla -- Real Internet Chatting & Communication(May 27, 2000)
- CNET News.com: NeoPlanet revives Mozilla's chat project(May 15, 1999)