NandoTimes/AP: Flashy Netscape 6.0 debuts
Dec 04, 2000, 23:01 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Larry Blasko)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Netscape has released Version 6.0, the Web browser that looks
like a fashion show."
"Available for the PC, Mac and Linux platforms, Netscape 6.0 has
taken Version 4.7, the dependable browser in a Wall Street business
suit, and moved it to the East Village, complete with nose ring and
dyed orange hair."
"The default interface is consciously hip-looking. Like those
tall platform shoes, it's stylish, but not right for everyone. In
this case, the look is a "theme."
"You can revert to the "classic" theme in which the stop button
looks like a stoplight instead of an "X." And there are other
themes available for download on the Web site."
"But if you can get past the themes and some other annoyances,
you'll find a solid technical underpinning."
- Enterprise Linux Today: Netscape 6: At Long-Awaited Last(Nov 30, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Did Netscape jump the gun with new browser?(Nov 30, 2000)
- NYTimes: Netscape 6 Browser: Mixed Bag(Nov 30, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Testing Netscape 6; Is it possible to be both big and efficient?(Nov 30, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Test Drive of Netscape 6(Nov 29, 2000)
- The New Netscape Version 6.0 -- a Review(Nov 20, 2000)
- Upside: Netscape's open source browser ready at last(Nov 15, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Netscape Launches Groundbreaking Netscape 6 Browser
(Nov 14, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Netscape 6 for Linux: Flashy Looks, Little Substance(Nov 14, 2000)
- CWSApps: Netscape 6 [Review](Nov 14, 2000)
- ZDNet: Netscape 6 sets a new standard(Nov 14, 2000)
- Linux Journal: The Many Faces of Mozilla(Nov 14, 2000)
- The Standard/Reuters: Will Netscape 6 Pack a Punch?(Nov 14, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Netscape 6 finally ships after 32-month gestation(Nov 14, 2000)