The Register: IBM sets Itanium record straight
Dec 09, 2000, 18:30 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linda Harrison)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"Rudd also confirmed that the Itanium launch date, according to
"the most recent Intel roadmap, is around the March timeframe."
"IBM's workstation will, as previously reported, run on the
64-bit version of the Windows 2000 OS, as well as on Linux and
IBM's own AIX 5L. The timeframe for this is expected to be: AIX 5L,
available on the Itanium launch date, Linux in Q2, and Windows in
Q3, according to Rudd."
"So it's going to be a bit of a strange environment. It's
unusual for the hardware to be there before the software."
"Rudd anticipates that IBM customer shipments in March, April
and May will be "on the limited side."
- InfoWorld: IBM readies Itanium-based workstation(Dec 06, 2000)
- The Register: SGI takes stake in Linux distro SuSE(Dec 01, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: SGI Supplies One Of Europe's First Itanium Processor Based Systems To Manchester Computing(Nov 22, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Itanium-based Linux cluster put to the test by SGI(Nov 04, 2000)
- From Compaq: Try out Linux on IA-64(Oct 10, 2000)
- VNU Net: Intel and partners test Itanium chip(Sep 16, 2000)
- The Register: New Itanium stepping has infernal kernel(Sep 11, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Inprise readies 64-bit tools(Aug 22, 2000)
- BW: Red Hat Unveils IA-64 Linux JumpStart Program at Intel Developer Forum(Aug 22, 2000)
- Internet Week: Linux Repositioned For PC, High-End Apps(Aug 22, 2000)