LinuxNews.pl: Mozilla 0.7 soon
Jan 09, 2001, 17:46 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Eric Vaughan)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to LinuxNews.pl for this link.
"On the ftp servers nightly builds from new Mozilla Roadmap
branch have just appeared, wchich probably means that during this
month new Mozilla release 0.7 should become a fact. According
to the Mozilla Roadmap it should have been done in the third
quarter of last year, but.. nobody's perfect. Now we hope that it
will be worth to wait for it."
"You can check what's wrong with the current builds of mozilla.
Seems like lot's of unused code lies down there.."
[ Quote from email from Eric Vaughan to
email@example.com, posted to
"Right off the bat I found 6 dlls that are loaded but use less than
5% of the code. 2 of them are mail and should not have loaded on
startup. If you add them up they add up they are 54,442 lines of
essentially unused code. Plus the overhead of loading 6 DLLs.
Seeing that gkhtml.dll is our largest DLL by far at 142,745 lines.
This is 1/3 the number of lines in the ENTIRE layout dll! This
definitely low hanging fruit and we would save quite a bit just by
not loading these DLLs. Or just creating 1 DLL that contains what
is needed to start up."
- Washington Post: Dragon Their Feet On Mozilla(Jan 05, 2001)
- MozillaQuest: Mozilla Community Meeting - January 29, 2001(Jan 04, 2001)
- MozillaQuest: New Browser War Heats Up -- But It's Netscape vs. Netscape(Jan 01, 2001)
- MozillaQuest: Sneak Preview of Mozilla Milestone 0.7 -- Release Expected This Week(Dec 27, 2000)
- MozillaQuest: Mozilla Organization Revises Development Roadmap and Product Release Schedule(Dec 22, 2000)
- Mozilla.org: Mozilla 0.6 Released(Dec 07, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Mozilla Browser Suite(Dec 01, 2000)
- Linux Journal: The Many Faces of Mozilla(Nov 14, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Mozilla--A Lizard for All Seasons(Nov 11, 2000)