Canada Computes: It's a 2.4 World
Jan 15, 2001, 16:00 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steve Coe)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Congratulations! If Linux is your life, your life was just
upgraded to 2.4!"
"You can now hold your breath and turn blue waiting for the 2.6
kernel. Thank you, and have a nice day."
"If, like me, you simply enjoy using Linux, then there's cause
to have a minor celebration, for a new bundle of Linux joy has been
released into the world by the mighty Mister Torvalds. The e-mail
announcement from Linus was a comedic masterpiece. Can you imagine
Gates doing something like this?"
"Anxiously awaited for the last too many months, 2.4.0 brings to
the table many improvements, none of which come to mind to the
exhausted release manager right now."
- InfoWorld: Linux 2.4 breaks the enterprise barrier(Jan 15, 2001)
- Linux.com: Kernel Upgrade: Know Your Hardware(Jan 14, 2001)
- ZDNet: Linux 2.4 unmasked(Jan 13, 2001)
- Upside: New Linux kernel arrives with little fanfare(Jan 13, 2001)
- ZDNet UK: Firms weigh up Linux 2.4(Jan 13, 2001)
- NewsForge: The marketplace's 2.4 dilemma(Jan 12, 2001)
- ZDNet: Much ado about kernels(Jan 11, 2001)
- Enterprise Linux Magazine: Linux Kernel 2.4.0 Released - Opening Doors to the Enterprise(Jan 10, 2001)
- IT-Director: Enterprise Linux; 2.4 kernel plus IBM backing leave little doubt(Jan 10, 2001)
- Linus Torvalds: Linux-2.4.x patch submission policy(Jan 07, 2001)
- Joe Pranevich: Wonderful World of Linux 2.4(Jan 05, 2001)
- Linus Torvalds: And oh, btw..2.4.0 is out(Jan 05, 2001)