CNET News.com: Start-up to sell open-source Web software
Jan 22, 2001, 21:43 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Stephen Shankland)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"Zend hopes the PHP software for generating Web pages on the fly
will be as good a foundation for its business plan as Linux has
been for Red Hat."
"PHP is used so servers can automatically create customized Web
pages, enabling Web site features such as online shopping carts.
Tuesday, the company will begin selling a packaged version of PHP
and programming tools to use it, a caching product to speed up PHP
performance and an encryption product that will let programmers
develop proprietary uses of PHP, said Jim Jagielski, U.S. chief
technology officer of the Ramat Gan, Israel-based company...."
"Zend isn't starting from scratch, though, a major advantage
over some open-source companies. Zend can take advantage of the
popularity of Apache, the No. 1 software package used to send Web
pages out to Internet surfers, according to Netcraft."
- LinuxPR: PHP Reaches New Milestone
(Jan 10, 2001)
- PHPeveryWhere: Comparing PHP with Perl for Dynamic Web Pages(Jan 02, 2001)
- PHPBuilder: Best Practices: PHP Coding Style(Jan 02, 2001)
- webTechniques: Optimize PHP 4 with Zend Optimizer(Dec 25, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Basic Installation of PHP on a Unix System(Nov 24, 2000)
- Zend.com: Switching to PHP: What's the Language Difference?(Jul 09, 2000)
- LinuxPR: PHP 4.0 Release Features Zend Engine
(May 22, 2000)
- Zend.com: Under The Hood of PHP 4(Mar 12, 2000)
- Zend.com: Zend Optimizer for PHP 4.0 now available(Mar 08, 2000)
- Zend Technologies Poised to Profit from PHP Success(Feb 23, 2000)