The Register: Red Hat to bundle Eazel - making it the de facto Linux desktop standard?
Jan 30, 2001, 15:15 (33 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Tony Smith)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Red Hat yesterday said it will bundle Eazel's Nautilus 'Linux
user interface for the rest of us' software with future releases of
the open source OS."
"Something of a coup, this, since Red Hat dominates the Linux
market. With Sun gearing up to bundle Nautilus with Solaris and
Dell choosing the software as its own preferred Linux user
interface, Eazel now stands a good chance of seeing its code become
the de facto standard open source UI desktop."
"The services side is where Eazel hopes to make money, using the
free Nautilus as a gateway to offer Linux users paid-for, Net-based
services. It's a canny move in that Nautilus ought to make the open
source OS far more friendly to non-techies, boosting both the
operating system's user base and, in turn, the number of potential
customers of Eazel's services."
- LinuxPR: Eazel and Red Hat Form Alliance to Deliver Network Services for Linux on the Desktop(Jan 30, 2001)
- Eazel Newsletter - January Edition(Jan 04, 2001)
- ComputerWorld: Sun to adopt Eazel desktop for Solaris operating system(Dec 20, 2000)
- The Register: Sun selects Eazel Nautilus for Solaris shell; StarOffice to be Nautilus default viewer(Dec 19, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Eazel Announces Sun to Adopt Nautilus Software for Solaris Operating Environment(Dec 19, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Eazel's Linux software moves to Sun's Solaris(Dec 19, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Eazel and Dell Partner to Make Computers Easier to Use(Dec 05, 2000)
- MSNBC: Screen Wars; Eazel to affect computing the way the Mac did?(Dec 04, 2000)
- Dell Seeks to Make it Easy with Eazel(Dec 02, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Eazel readies graphical environment for Linux(Dec 01, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Dell invests in Linux-for-the-masses company Eazel(Dec 01, 2000)
- eWeek: Dell gives Linux a bigger hug; invests in Eazel(Dec 01, 2000)