Slashdot: Ask Slashdot: The Silent Kernel Platform War?
Feb 13, 2001, 18:28 (2 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"My question really comes down to this: Is the linux kernel
forking away from PowerPPC? Is this happening because of issues
regarding OS X and the possibility of many users jumping ship, away
from LinuxPPC upon release? Or is this some kind of quiet platform
war from the major kernel developers?"
- PenguinPPC.org: Defining Who We Are(Feb 03, 2001)
- LinuxWorld: The PowerPC penguin, Part 2 - How to set up dual-boot and Linux-only configurations(Jan 09, 2001)
- PenguinPPC.org: XFree86 4.0 PowerPC Status and Faq(Jan 09, 2001)
- PenguinPPC.org: Non-Profit or Not?(Jan 08, 2001)
- LinuxWorld: The PowerPC Penguin, Part 1 - A look at the OS, the apps, and the gaps for Linux on Mac(Jan 02, 2001)
- PowerPC Kernel Archives(Aug 07, 2000)
- CRN: Upstarts and Start-Ups -- Developer bringing Linux to PowerPC world(Oct 04, 1999)
- Linux.com: Alternate Linux Platforms(Sep 25, 1999)