LinuxNews.pl: Kylix - first impressions & screenshots
Feb 16, 2001, 17:06 (34 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to LinuxNews.pl for this link.
"The power of the Kylix is its objectivity. With packet you
get lot of classes - labels, edition windows, listboxes,
comboboxes, buttons, tabels etc. - but you aren't limited to them.
You can create your own components, modify existing or bring into
the project higher level classes - for example sheets, which can
"Non-visual components don't seem to be some kind of revolution
- technically they are just classes. But without Kylix, programmer
has to remember how initiate object from given class, with which
parameters given method can be called, and what are possibily
interactions with the other objects - now you can build your
application as simple as your child plays with the puzzles."
"Work in group? No problem. Your partner working on an
application chooses componets he needs, almost the same way which
your wife do the shopping. One dialog box and one color palette,
please. Thank you.
- VNU Net: Borland boosts corporate Linux adoption with Kylix(Feb 16, 2001)
- eWeek: My next three-year plan; Kylix to have a big impact(Feb 14, 2001)
- The Register: Kylix throws free goodies back into Linuxland(Feb 02, 2001)
- eWeek: Borland's Kylix tool for Linux comes into focus - about six weeks before Windows version(Jan 30, 2001)
- eWeek: Mainstream move for Linux: Borland's Kylix(Jan 30, 2001)
- Computer Bits: Heavy-duty Linux tools from Borland [Kylix](Jan 15, 2001)
- LinuxProgramming.com: Borland to Release CLX Under Dual License, Kylix Will Not be Open Source
(Nov 14, 2000)
- The "official" Inprise/Borland Kylix homepage(Sep 23, 2000)
- Borland: Presentation: Project Kylix - Native Rapid Application Development for Linux(Sep 22, 2000)
- Community: Kylix Information Bundled at New Site(Sep 20, 2000)
- First Kylix Screenshots Available!(Jun 06, 2000)