Corel: Linux Spinoff Still in the Works ; French, German, Int'l English Editions of Corel LinuxOS Available
Feb 27, 2001, 18:54 (11 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michael Hall)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
In its latest newsletter, Corel has once again confirmed the
widely-reported spinoff of its Linux division and announced the
availability of the second edition of Corel LINUX OS in French,
German, and International English versions.
Though the newsletter offered few new details about the sale of
Corel's Linux division, it did say "Corel is pursuing opportunities
to spin off its Linux distribution with the intention of retaining
an interest in the prospective company."
The company also anounced the availability of new versions of
Corel LINUX OS.
From the newsletter:
Corel LINUX OS Second Edition is now available in French, German and
International English language versions -- and today is the perfect
time to upgrade!
If you own a previous retail, boxed version of Corel LINUX OS, you are
eligible to receive Corel LINUX OS Second Edition on CD for just £5.95
or equivalent, to cover the cost of shipping and handling. Simply call
the Corel Customer Service Centre nearest you and have the
registration number from your purchased, retail copy of Corel LINUX OS
Customers who purchase a retail, boxed version of Corel LINUX OS by
June 30, 2001 can also take advantage of this great offer through
Corel Customer Service!
For more information, and to find the Corel Customer Service number
for your area, please visit the appropriate site below:
- SECOND UPDATE: Microsoft Parts Ways with Corel?(Feb 24, 2001)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Dastardly Deeds or Business as Usual? MS Influence on Corel(Feb 21, 2001)
- eWeek: Legal experts: Microsoft's Corel stake 'dangerous'(Feb 16, 2001)
- The Register: Corel Linux sale 'best thing' for OS, claims exec(Feb 06, 2001)
- Corel Unveils New Corporate Strategy(Jan 25, 2001)
- Corel Abandoning the Operating System Market, Focusing on Core Money-makers(Jan 24, 2001)
- Corel Corporation Responds to Media Reports(Dec 16, 2000)
- ZDNet: Should I stay or should I go? Would anyone miss Corel if it left the Linux market?(Dec 01, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Microsoft and Corel -- Not Good News(Oct 03, 2000)
- Little Substantive Linux Information in Corel/Microsoft Deal: Details to Come(Oct 03, 2000)
- Corel and Microsoft Announce Strategic Alliance(Oct 03, 2000)
- Yahoo!/Reuters: Corel, Microsoft Forge Strategic Alliance(Oct 03, 2000)