Montreal Gazette: OSC probes Microsoft's investment in Corel
Mar 02, 2001, 13:25 (6 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"The Ontario Securities Commission has asked Corel Corp. to
provide a written chronology of events that led to arch-rival
Microsoft Corp. investing $135 million U.S. in the Canadian
software maker, Corel's annual report shows."
"The report, filed late yesterday with the U.S. Securities and
Exchange Commission, says the OSC requested the information Jan. 5
as the regulator reviewed trading of Corel shares before the
company's Oct. 2, 2000, announcement that Microsoft was making a
major investment in Corel."
"The Microsoft deal provided Ottawa-based Corel with a
much-needed cash infusion."
- SECOND UPDATE: Microsoft Parts Ways with Corel?(Feb 23, 2001)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Dastardly Deeds or Business as Usual? MS Influence on Corel(Feb 20, 2001)
- Reuters: Justice Dept. probing Microsoft deal with Corel(Feb 14, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft investigated for Corel investment(Feb 14, 2001)
- Corel Unveils New Corporate Strategy(Jan 24, 2001)
- Corel Linux strategy unchanged, despite Microsoft deal(Oct 11, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Microsoft and Corel -- Not Good News(Oct 03, 2000)
- Little Substantive Linux Information in Corel/Microsoft Deal: Details to Come(Oct 03, 2000)
- Corel and Microsoft Announce Strategic Alliance(Oct 03, 2000)
- National Post: Microsoft Corp. buys stake in Corel; companies form strategic alliance(Oct 03, 2000)