NewsForge: Eazel's Nautilus 1.0 to be released next week
Mar 10, 2001, 14:50 (42 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Grant Gross)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"The 1.0 release of Eazel's Nautilus, the much-anticipated
Gnome software environment, is scheduled to be available for
download within a few days."
"Eazel , the company co-founded by former Macintosh interface
designers, will officially announce the 1.0 release later this
month, but the first post-beta release of Nautilus will be able for
download next week sometime at http://services.eazel.com/download/.
Internet rumors had 1.0 available as early as Monday, but Eazel
officials couldn't confirm that date as of mid-day Friday."
"The Nautilus shell integrates file management, Web browsing,
and system management into Gnome. "This desktop application is not
only designed to be a major step forward in ease of use for Linux
but will also lead the next generation of innovation on the desktop
by integrating local file management with Internet-based services,"
according to the Eazel Web site. If you're still wondering what
this all means, there's a Nautilus demo available at
- GNOME 1.4 Beta 2 is Out(Mar 01, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: Conflicts of Interest: Plans for Nautilus and Evolution(Feb 17, 2001)
- CRN: Eazel's Linux Desktop Platform Inches Closer To Release(Feb 06, 2001)
- The Register: Red Hat to bundle Eazel - making it the de facto Linux desktop standard?(Jan 30, 2001)
- LinuxPR: Eazel and Red Hat Form Alliance to Deliver Network Services for Linux on the Desktop(Jan 30, 2001)
- GNOME 1.4 Release Projected for Late March(Jan 25, 2001)
- Eazel Newsletter - January Edition(Jan 04, 2001)
- The Register: Sun selects Eazel Nautilus for Solaris shell; StarOffice to be Nautilus default viewer(Dec 19, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Eazel Announces Sun to Adopt Nautilus Software for Solaris Operating Environment(Dec 19, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Eazel and Dell Partner to Make Computers Easier to Use(Dec 05, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Preview: Nautilus PR2(Nov 10, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: A Sneak Peak at Eazel's Nautilus(Sep 08, 2000)