Linux.com: Tribes 2: A Look at the Linux Beta
Mar 13, 2001, 20:41 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jeff Mrochuk)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"There's no doubt about it; Tribes 2 was hyped. Hyped more than
any other games I can remember; it was one of those legendary
sequels like Team Fortress 2 or Duke Nukem Forever. Tribes 2 --
unlike the others -- is not only ready for release, but its ready
for a Linux release."
"I remember signing a petition in July of 1999 with a desperate
hope that Tribes 2 would be ported to Linux, and so did a few
thousand others. Whether it had anything to do with a petition or
not, a year and a half later, we're creeping towards a Linux
release of Tribes 2. Loki is doing a simultaneous port, in hopes of
a common release date."
"Tribes 2 is a big deal for Linux gaming, right up there with
the Quake series. It takes us a step above and beyond the slew of
first person shooters for Linux and provides something original.
Its uniqueness will appeal to a different crowd, broadening the
Linux gaming community."
- DukeOfURL: Tribes 2 Linux Preview(Mar 09, 2001)
- Gamespy.com: Is Linux Gaming here to stay?(Mar 04, 2001)
- Linux.com: Come Join Us [Loki](Jan 30, 2001)
- Joystick101.org: Interview with Loki founder: Scott Draeker(Dec 31, 2000)
- Canada Computes: Linux games are there, but you have to look hard for a few good ones(Dec 02, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Tribes 2 Coming to Linux
(Nov 09, 2000)
- Linux Magazine: The Road to Kick-Ass Gaming(Oct 21, 2000)
- LinuxGames: Loki Porting Tribes 2(Sep 30, 2000)
- Tribes 2 Client for Linux(Jun 21, 1999)