SiliconValley.com: Eazel's Innovations
Mar 17, 2001, 17:54 (6 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dan Gillmor)
"At my request, Andy Hertzfeld sent this list of innovations in
the GNU/Linux-Gnome-Eazel combination..."
"These are some of the innovative features in Nautilus that are
not in Mac or Windows:
- Zooming in every view, from 25% up to 400%
- Icons can be arbitrary sizes and are individually
- Icons based on document content, including embedded text for
- Emblems, which are little satellite images expressing file
attributes, including user-assigned attributes"
- LinuxPlanet: Review: Nautilus 1.0: Has Eazel Earned Its Place in GNOME?
(Mar 16, 2001)
- Eazel, creator of the Nautilus file manager, lays off 40 employees(Mar 14, 2001)
- GNOME File Manager Nautilus 1.0 Is Out(Mar 14, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: Conflicts of Interest: Plans for Nautilus and Evolution(Feb 17, 2001)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Eazel and the Giants(Feb 15, 2001)
- The Register: Red Hat to bundle Eazel - making it the de facto Linux desktop standard?(Jan 30, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: Preview: Nautilus PR2(Nov 10, 2000)
- Nautilus 0.5 and Eazel Web Services Sneak Preview released(Nov 08, 2000)
- Eazel Will Influence Re-vamped GNOME Interface Team
(Oct 27, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: A Sneak Peak at Eazel's Nautilus(Sep 08, 2000)