Olivier Fourdan has released Xfce 3.8.0. Here's a list of what's
new, direct from the changelog:
23-APR-2001: Xfce 3.8.0
New SMB (MS Win95/98/ME/NT/2000 file sharing) browser written by Edscott.
* replace FILENAME_MAX by MAXSTRLEN to avoid problems with HP-UX
* Add appointments to xfclock (Alex) - Double click on a date in the calendar
and check your appointments !
* Added nscal resources (patch submitted by Dmitry Malykhanov
* Properly focuses the entry widget and handles pressing return.
(Patch submitted by Dave Dunkin )
* Change toolbar arrangement by Jens Luedicke
* Add new keybinding to expand/collapse tree from Jasper Huijsmans
* Implement xfwm themes engines ("Xfce", "Moffit" and "Trench")
* Implement layers (0=Lowest, 12=Highest)
* Implement _WIN_LAYER property (GNOME compatibility)
* Add real smart automatic placement of new windows
* Bug fix in MWM decorations routine
* Implement extended hint ONTOP and ONBOTTOM
* Add new style option "NoIcon"
* Move GNOME property sticky from xfgnome to xfwm
* Add style NoBorder to display windows w/out border
* Remove StaysOnTop style property (replaced by layer)
* Implement CirculateSkip, CirculateSkipIcon in Alt+Tab internal function
(ie not only in Circulate function)
* Add new option MapFocus for focus follow mouse mode to enable/disable
automatic focus on new mapped windows.
* Rearrange root menu (patch submitted by Jens Luedicke )
* Improve internal functions using new window stack structure.
* Improve speed...
* Add support for xfwm themes from Xfce setup panel.
* Implement layer support for panel
* Add new options in setup dialog for layer and focus policy
* Remove popup animation because it was too CPU consuming
* New panel design
* Updated Italian translation by Giancarlo Rosso
* Move config files to $HOME/.xfce/*
* Add a patch for True64 from Bob Marcan