Olivier Fourdan has released Xfce 3.8.0. Here's a list of what's
new, direct from the changelog:
23-APR-2001: Xfce 3.8.0
New SMB (MS Win95/98/ME/NT/2000 file sharing) browser written by Edscott.
* replace FILENAME_MAX by MAXSTRLEN to avoid problems with HP-UX
* Add appointments to xfclock (Alex) - Double click on a date in the calendar
and check your appointments !
* Added nscal resources (patch submitted by Dmitry Malykhanov
* Properly focuses the entry widget and handles pressing return.
(Patch submitted by Dave Dunkin )
* Change toolbar arrangement by Jens Luedicke
* Add new keybinding to expand/collapse tree from Jasper Huijsmans
* Implement xfwm themes engines ("Xfce", "Moffit" and "Trench")
* Implement layers (0=Lowest, 12=Highest)
* Implement _WIN_LAYER property (GNOME compatibility)
* Add real smart automatic placement of new windows
* Bug fix in MWM decorations routine
* Implement extended hint ONTOP and ONBOTTOM
* Add new style option "NoIcon"
* Move GNOME property sticky from xfgnome to xfwm
* Add style NoBorder to display windows w/out border
* Remove StaysOnTop style property (replaced by layer)
* Implement CirculateSkip, CirculateSkipIcon in Alt+Tab internal function
(ie not only in Circulate function)
* Add new option MapFocus for focus follow mouse mode to enable/disable
automatic focus on new mapped windows.
* Rearrange root menu (patch submitted by Jens Luedicke )
* Improve internal functions using new window stack structure.
* Improve speed...
* Add support for xfwm themes from Xfce setup panel.
* Implement layer support for panel
* Add new options in setup dialog for layer and focus policy
* Remove popup animation because it was too CPU consuming
* New panel design
* Updated Italian translation by Giancarlo Rosso
* Move config files to $HOME/.xfce/*
* Add a patch for True64 from Bob Marcan
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.