dot.KDE.org: KDE Kiosk Mode HOWTO
Aug 14, 2001, 18:26 (1 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"After two years of working with KDE, we think it is
now time to share the results of our efforts to create a restricted
KDE as part of our Linux-based thin client project that is now
nearing completion. A write-up of our design and strategy is
available as well as the patches that we used to customize KDE to
In a restricted desktop (kiosk-mode), the goal is to prevent the
- opening a shell,
- running arbitrary commands,
- modifying files directly, or,
- having a view to the filesystem.
the user can:
- run applications provided by the administrators, and,
- configure the desktop to a certain degree."