PR: The LinuxWorld.com.au Minibook, second edition, released
Aug 25, 2001, 21:26 (2 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
An anonymous reader writes:
LinuxWorld.com.au have relased the Linux Minibook, second
edition. The Web site is http://www.linuxworld.com.au/minibook/.
This new edition is a 160 page guide to Linux and open source
software for both new and experienced users. The book also includes
a 4 CD-ROM cover pack with Red Hat 7.1, Linux Mandrake 8.0 and an
The applications CD consists of:
- StarOffice 5.2
- Ximian GNOME 1.4
- Netscape 6
- The latest PostgreSQL, MySQL, PHP and Apache.
- XML, XML and Java development tools
- 15 free e-books
- VMWare trial
- The complete Linux Documentation Project.
Also a feature is the new advanced topics which cover:
- Compile/configure the latest kernel.
- Monitor your system.
- Use programming and development tools.
- Install and use databases.
- Setup SAMBA to replace Windows NT.
- Build a firewall with ipchains or iptables.
- Set up and use the Apache Web server.
- Deploy an open source Online Commerce System.
The book can be purchased through their Secure Minibook store
International orders are welcome.