Mozilla 0.94 Released
Sep 14, 2001, 22:02 (32 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Mozilla 0.94 has been
From the 'What's New' List in the Release
- The Windows-only Quick Launch feature (-turbo) is enabled by
default in this release for installer builds, although you can turn
it off in the installer or in Advanced Preferences. We are hoping
community members will test this feature for us. The performance
increase is not as great as it used to be; however, Quick Launch
now works with multiple profiles.
method during page load and unload events. When the
dom.disable_open_during_load pref is set to "true",
window.open will fail when called during an onload or onunload
event, from top level script, or as part of a setTimeout or
setInterval script. Setting this pref (instructions here) should turn off most pop-up and pop-under ads
that appear when you load a new page. (Bug 92955)
- Viewing Arabic language text
should now work on Linux and other systems without Arabic shaping
support (Arabic font required). Other languages using the Arabic
script, are not yet supported but support is planned. 97235.
- Mozilla Mail's sidebar panel can now display both the total of
messages in a folder and the number of unread messages.
- Mozilla's Address Book now supports searching LDAP directories.
Win32 now supports MAPI address books.
- Mozilla's Sidebar now has a new Address Book tab. To add this
new tab, go to the Sidebar's Tabs menu, choose
Customize Sidebar, and then choose Address
- Improvements to offline IMAP including undo of deleted
messages, and Save as draft.
- First pass of drag and drop bookmark filing works on win32 but
is busted on linux and mac. (Bug 53707)
- Mozilla allows you to set an arbitrary file as your bookmarks
file, although there is no UI for this feature yet. Set the
following pref (instructions here):
Note that if you have an alternate bookmarks file set up in
Netscape 4, this will not be picked up automatically by Mozilla,
because sharing the file between the two browsers can cause
- On Unix, Mozilla now uses MIME information from system and user
mime.types and mailcap files if the appropriate preferences are
- You can find more information about customising Mozilla
- Try out the new CSS2 Quick Reference and HTML4.01
Quick Reference sidebar tabs at DevEdge.
Navigate the CSS2 spec with ease and get lists of HTML elements and
attributes, and even see at a glance which are deprecated and which
require close tags.