BSD Today: Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice ...
Sep 25, 2001, 22:30 (16 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jeremy C. Reed)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
An article at Slashdot, titled "IP Theft in the Linux
Kernel", says that some of the Linux kernel source used
Søren Schmidt's BSD-licensed code without retaining the
Schmidt said that the developer at Red Hat has now changed the
local files and sent a patch to Linus Torvalds to include the BSD
license (from the original file) and added a comment that its based
on work done by Schmidt. Schmidt says that he hopes Torvalds will
take action soon and he doesn't want a PR disaster.
"I think it is pretty important that we in the free world
respect each other's work by giving proper credit where it's due,"
Schmidt said. "We cannot expect the business people to take us
seriously, if we can't show that we respect the rules, et cetera,
we have layed out ourselves."
- O'Reilly .NET DevCenter: Microsoft Plans Shared Source .NET(Jun 27, 2001)
- ZDNet: Is BSD Getting Lost Amidst the Open Source Salvos?(Jun 12, 2001)
- BSD Today: Interview with Wietse Venema about his tcp_wrappers license(Jun 02, 2001)
- IPFilter Comes Out of OpenBSD CVS(May 30, 2001)
- SecurityPortal: IPFilter: Free No More?(May 28, 2001)
- ZDNet: Open source's black hole (Mac's OS X)(May 03, 2001)
- UPDATED: AllLinuxDevices: BSDi Acquired by Embedded Computing Firm Wind River(Apr 06, 2001)
- BSD Today: Tucows BSD Channel is no more(Jan 25, 2001)
- Slashdot: Robert Watson on FreeBSD and TrustedBSD(Jan 19, 2001)
- BSD Today: Interview with BSDi on proactive BSD/OS security(Dec 14, 2000)