"This release involves large changes, which should
ideally fix most problems people have had with GConf. I've closed
the vast majority of bugs in bugzilla, and moved from using
OAF/bonobo-activation to using a simple lockfile in the user's home
directory. Also, this release should allow you to seamlessly use
the same daemon for both gconf 1 and gconf 2, if you have the
latest ORBit1 and ORBit2. Finally, this release enforces a UTF-8
encoding on the STRING type, so should avoid placing non-UTF-8 in
the XML backend files.
The downside of fixing these issues is possible breakage - I did
my best to test, but maybe failed, so if you have problems, please
report bugs to http://bugzilla.gnome.org, and wait
for a quick 1.0.6."
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.