To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Subject: Gnumeric 0.75
From: Jody Goldberg
Gnumeric 0.75 aka 'crash me if you can' is now available.
This will be the last release before we freeze the ui and user visible
strings for the translators and documenters. The bug list is melting
away and the tree is looking good. This release fixes a few small bugs
and improves the usability of several components. Andreas'
continuing work to guru-ify dialogs progressed into the Solver, making
it much more comfortable. File size has decreased for exported Excel (XLS)
files with large style regions. Most of the code to support validation is
now in place and will be enabled in the next release.
BUG BOUNTY !!!
Now is the time to test things. Try loading the nastiest,
cruftiest workbook you can find. As previously mentioned, all known
crashing bugs/recalc/redraw bugs have been patched, so if you find one
it will get top priority. If you find a crash between now and the 1.0
release I'll buy you a beverage of your choice.
NOTE TO PACKAGERS :
The libole2 (gnome-ole2) version requirement has been
bumped. This is an important patch.
* Bug fixes, Polishing & Optimisations
* Shrink exported XLS files. (Jody)
* More work done to support financial functions. (Jukka)
* Improve dbf importer. (Jody)
* Rewrite solver dialog as guru. (Andreas)
* Re-enable compression for .gnumeric files. (Jody)
* Lots of documentation added. (Jukka)
* Make cell format dialog only pseudo-modal. (Jody)
* Added `Help' buttons for various tools. (Jukka)
* Fix support for cancel on window manager quit. (Jody)
* Help button on autosave doesn't crash. (Jukka)
* Fix non-bonobo View menu. (Jody)
* Added `Filter' submenu into the `Data' menu. (Jukka)
* Fix sheet extent calculation new complex objects. (Jody)
* Plug leaks. (Morten)
* Improve formula guru. (Jody)
* Cleanup various access to internal strings. (Morten)
* Support scrollwheel in a larger area. (Jody)
* Fix Edit -> Fill -> Autofill. (Jody)
* Make autocorrect non-modal and cleaner. (Jody)
* Make autocompletion a view attribute, with a gui. (Jody)
* Don't clear the clipboard when Klipper runs. (Jody)
* Enable per sheet style management to support (Jody)
validation, conditionals, and to simplify XLS export.