WIRED: Can WINE Ferment Move to Linux?
Jan 25, 2002, 17:37 (5 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michelle Delio)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Jason
Greenwood for this link. ]
"...White acknowledges that WINE is not yet a complete
replacement for those who need to run an extensive list of Windows
'More programs fail to run under WINE than successfully run,'
White said. But he said that WINE 1.0 will feature a lot of 'very
important internal changes,' including an easier and more efficient
Current users of WINE know that the installer often fails.
Anyone who has ever tried to copy a program between Windows
computers, only to be missing an obscure .dll or bit of code, knows
the troubleshooting headaches that can ensue."
- DesktopLinux.com: The importance of the WINE project
(Jan 23, 2002)
- ITDirector.com: The Lindows Alternative
(Jan 15, 2002)
- Tonight Live: New Directions for a New Year. We talk about WINE >> on The Linux Show(Jan 08, 2002)
- CodeWeavers Releases Demo Version of CrossOver Plugin(Nov 05, 2001)
- OSNews.com: Interview With WINE's Alexandre Julliard(Oct 30, 2001)
- SearchWin2k.com: Put many operating systems under one roof(Oct 25, 2001)
- TransGaming Subscriptions Go Live, Gavriel State Interviewed(Oct 23, 2001)
- MandrakeSoft & TransGaming Bring Top-Selling PC Game, Electronic Arts' The Sims, to Linux(Oct 22, 2001)