dcsimg
Linux Today: Linux News On Internet Time.




More on LinuxToday


Minutes of the GNOME Board Meeting January 29 2002

Feb 02, 2002, 02:00 (1 Talkback[s])

WEBINAR:
On-Demand

Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers



Subject: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting January 29 2002
From: Daniel Veillard 
To: foundation-announce@gnome.org


Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting January 29 2002
==================================================


Presents:
=========

Nat Friedman (chairing)
James Henstridge
Jody Goldberg
Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
Telsa Gwynne
Jim Gettys
Miguel de Icaza
Tim Ney
George Lebl
Jonathan Blandford
Federico Mena

Regrets:
========
Havoc Pennington

Decisions:
==========

- Confirmation of GUADEC3 April 4-6 2002 Sevilla, book
your tickets now !

Actions done:
=============

ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos on the foundation
page => Done

ACTION: Jonathan to draft a possible official answer to
the Uk Gov Talk request for comment on the use of open
source software within the UK government. => it seems the
existing list is good enough and we don't really need to
get a formal suggestion, Skipped/Done

ACTION: Tim, Daniel and Miguel will make sure taht we have
the basic informations left to be able to officially
announce Guadec3 next week and secure logistic for the
Advisory Meeting => Done, we are ready it seems.

Actions:
========

ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on
the relation with the free software foundation and license
policy. => Tim and Havoc have started, pending

ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various
parties => meeting scheduled this week with some of the
font, in progress

ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about
adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => A description
has been sent, waiting for a reply, other work need to be
done, pending.

ACTION: Havoc to update the main page www.gnome.org, we
need a link to the Gnome-2 effort and need some cleanup.
=> Done

New Actions:
============

ACTION: Miguel to anmounce Guadec3 to the Gnome community.

ACTION: Jody collect a list of communities we should
contact to get them at GUADEC3

ACTION: Nat to talk to Havoc to get a discussion about
rules w.r.t. backward compatibility rules in the 2.x time.

Discussion:
===========

- approve last meeting minutes:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2002-January/msg00001.html
- change the call to be half an hour earlier

- GUADEC3:
Nearly 50 paper proposal
Specific papers suggestions:
StarOffice and Gnome
Invitation KDE
People travelling:
We have some funding but not as much as last year
As usual the earliest one learn about the travel need the
cheapest are the tickets.

- GNOME2
Thing seems to move along relatively smoothly
We are still in Alpha quality, but all core packages are
now packages and redistributable. The large application
may take multiple months to port:
- galeon
- gnumeric
- abiword
- evolution
It seems Glade port needs attention to make sure it get's
ready in time for apps to be ported.

- the chair noted that specific items should be discussed
off-line in the committees to avoid taking board meetings
time.

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard@redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM
search engine http://rpmfind.net/
_______________________________________________
foundation-list mailing list
foundation-list@gnome.org
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list

Related Stories: