Release Digest: GNOME, April 22, 2002
Apr 23, 2002, 04:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Elysium Download 0.5.8
Elysium Download 0.5.8 is now available for the masses. It
includes several bug fixes and enhancements of which are listed
- Status Dock icon no longer changes back to idle when multiple
downloads exist and one finishes before the others
- Queueing system is now more extensible (more features will
- Download Cancellation is now possible
- The Status Bar in the main window is now gone, it is
You can get it at the following labelled addresses. Be aware
that it also requires gnome-vfs, gnome-core, gnome-libs, etc...
which are available in ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/
And you will also need libelysium, available here:
I might also recommend installing gnome-vfs extras if you want
support for the smb protocol. It is available somewhere in ftp
ftp.gnome.org under the
/pub/GNOME/ directory as gnome-vfs-extras-0.2.0.tar.gz/.
A new release of gnome-core is out. It sports the following
improvements from the last release:
- New docs for (eu). Pablo.
- Fixes for docs in gnome-terminal to better follow the
- Fixes for configure checks for PNG. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fix a crash when suspending/activating esd via the
sound-monitor applet. (George)
- Fix some warnings in the panel. Could also solve some problems
with applets. (George)
- Fix a crash in session-properties-capplet. (Glynn)
- Use VERSION in gnome-check-login instead of 0.1. (Wayne)
- Don't try to lock the screen if root is logged in. (Red
- Improved shading of screen when logging out. (Red Hat)
- Fix more crashes and make it more robust. (Wayne)
As always, report bugs at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/
There will be at least one more release of this package before
1.4.1 to catch up on translations and other issues.
I've also made RPMs for Red Hat 7.x of this and the latest
gnome-libs release. Available at http://www.gnome.org/~kmaraas
If you experience problems with distro specific packages please
try these before reporting problems to GNOME bugzilla.