Linus Torvalds: Linux 2.5.10
Apr 24, 2002, 14:57 (17 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Release notes for v2.5.10
Summary of changes from v2.5.9 to v2.5.10
<email@example.com> (02/04/16 1.532)
Rename O_TARGET to <subdir>.o in drivers/usb.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/16 1.533)
Cleanup drivers/usb/Makefile and Config.in's
Use the fact that now O_TARGET == <subdir.o> to simplify the
Correct mod-subdirs use.
Remove unneeded code from drivers/usb/*/Config.in
<email@example.com> (02/04/17 1.531.4.1)
[PATCH] Change "return EBLAH" to "return -EBLAH in drivers/*
This is a simple patch that changes several "return EBLAH"'s in drivers/*
for "return -EBLAH". I have done my best to check the call stack to ensure
that the change in sign of the return values wont break anything.
The patch supplied is agaist linux-2.4.19-pre6
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/19 1.531.4.2)
[PATCH] USB hpusbscsi device added
USB hpusbscsi driver
- device added
<email@example.com> (02/04/19 1.531.4.3)
USB keyspan driver
Added support for the 19QI and 19QW devices.
Updated the firmware images with new versions.
minor cleanups to the driver.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/19 1.531.4.4)
Took out the limitation that drivers had to take up 16 minors. Now
they can use only 1 if they want to.
<email@example.com> (02/04/21 1.531.6.8)
Move CAPI subsystem and AVM drivers to their new place in the tree.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/22 1.536)
[PATCH] added Tieman Voyager USB Braille driver
added Tieman Voyager USB Braille driver
<email@example.com> (02/04/22 1.537)
This updates the ov511 driver to the latest stable version (1.60).
Summary of changes:
- Remove palette conversion and related code
- Full OV518 support (except for color), initial OV518+ support
- Improved OV6620 quality (Credit: Alexandre F.)
- ov51x_init_isoc() should exit if usb_submit_urb() fails
- ISO completion handler should only issue warning if bad data is received
- Added "mirror" module parameter; reverses image horizontally
- Changed USB control transaction fields to match Windows driver
- New decompression module locking (decomp_ops->owner), per Greg's advice
- EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS => EXPORT_SYMBOL
- New devices: Lifeview USB Live TV PAL/SECAM and PAL D/K+B/G
- Disabled buf_timeout feature. It was calling vfree() in interrupt
context, which is illegal. Memory is deallocated immediately on close().
- Most sensors thought to be OV7620AE were actually OV76BE. Changed code
to reflect this, and emit a warning if an OV7620AE is encountered.
- Miscellaneous cleanups and bug fixes
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/22 1.538)
USB ov511 driver
changed test_bit() call.
<email@example.com> (02/04/22 1.539)
USB pegasus and rtl8150
Rx tasklet cleanups for both pegasus and rtl8150
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/22 1.540)
USB keyspan driver
- removed commented out function prototypes
- removed duplicate function prototypes
- removed unneeded #include
- added named initializers
- merged lots of the individual device structures into general 1, 2, and 4 port structures.
<email@example.com> (02/04/22 1.541)
[PATCH] PATCH: 2.5.8 ehci, submit errors
It fixes problems with interrupt transfers, which I think that
nobody else has run into (or I'd surely have heard of it :).
Looks like not many folk are using USB 2.0 hubs yet.
- wasn't checking enough of the periodic schedule to
detect bandwidth overcommit (would BUG out)
- frames to uframes is rightshift 3, not 8 :)
- properly cleans up (no oops!) after certain rare errors
in the interrupt submit path (just my luck to hit one)
- use that cleanup to bypass some old implementation
shortcuts in the control and bulk submit paths
- there are also some other minor updates/cleanups
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/22 1.542)
[PATCH] Re: PATCH: 2.5.8 ehci, submit errors
Oh, and for non-x86 platforms with interesting pci
mapping, this tweak to one new routine would be
important in a particular error path I've yet to see ... :)
<email@example.com> (02/04/22 1.543)
[PATCH] fix USB documentation bug
USB fix documentation bug
After some source investigations I discovered a harmless mistake:
The description of the usb_control_msg(...) function says
it returns 0, or less than 0 if an error occured, but
the usb_internal_control_msg returns length, which is sometimes >0
(success) or <0 if error.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/22 1.531.7.1)
Remove one occurence of list-multi in drivers/isdn/tpam/Makefile
<email@example.com> (02/04/22 1.531.7.2)
Remove list-multi in drivers/net/*/Makefile
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/22 1.531.7.3)
Remove list-multi in sound/*/Makefile
<email@example.com> (02/04/22 1.544.2.1)
Duh. Re-fix the UP setup_per_cpu_areas() case that got
fixed a few times too many already ;)
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/22 1.544.2.2)
[PATCH] double down() in nfsd_symlink
As a result of the recent BKL removal in notify_change, nfsd_symlink
downs the inode semaphore twice (the first time is in fh_lock).
<email@example.com> (02/04/23 1.547)
Fix a typo which left aic7xxx/Makefile broken
Now it really works (I tried).
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/23 1.548)
Fix some strange (and incorrect) reiserfs bit-op casts..
No object-code changes, but removes warnings from the stricter
<email@example.com> (02/04/23 1.549)
Add a "const" qualifier to test_bit() on x86, to avoid
warnings for proper usage.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/23 1.550)
Update to version 2.5.10
<email@example.com> (02/04/23 1.551)
Add ATI Radeon 8500 ID
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/23 1.552)
Bitops need "unsigned long".
<email@example.com> (02/04/23 1.553)
[PATCH] 2.5.9 SEM_UNDO patch
As we discussed some time ago, here is a patch for the SEM_UNDO change
that can be applied to linux-2.5.9.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/23 1.554)
[PATCH] Locking in sync_old_buffers
Move BKL into the fs-specific write_super()'s.
<email@example.com> (02/04/23 1.555)
[PATCH] spelling mistakes
Fix a few spelling mistakes in documentation (arch/i386/boot/setup.S,
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/23 1.556)
[PATCH] MegaRAID - compile fix for 2.5.9
This fixes compile errors. It has been tested with a weekend of Bonnie++ 8GB
runs on a RAID0 setup at the OSDL. This was built against and tested on 2.5.8
and applies cleanly to 2.5.9.
LSI told me they have a version 2.0 of the driver in development but
it would be really nice to have the dang thing working now ;-)
<email@example.com> (02/04/23 1.557)
[PATCH] x86-64 next sync for 2.5.9
This patch fixes up some lose ends left over from the last x86-64 jumbo merge.
- make it compile again. ia32_ioctl was referencing IDE ioctls that got
remove in a merge race
- Use the memset/FXRSTOR way to initialize the FPU, as discussed.
- Fix semctl/shmctl ABI (thanks to Andreas Schwab)
- Other minor fixes.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (02/04/23 1.558)
Fix include files for write_super BKL move.