LinuxPR: CodeWeavers Release CrossOver Plugin 1.1.1
May 16, 2002, 23:30 (14 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
ST. PAUL, MN -- (May 16, 2002) -- CodeWeavers, Inc. today
released CrossOver Plugin version 1.1.1, the company's
Windows(R)-To-Linux(R) adapter for Windows browser plugins and
This release adds support for the Macromedia Flash 6 player as
well as the Superscape Viscape plugin.
In addition, this release resolves many bugs and addresses a
number of issues, including better support for Mozilla
associations, improved sound support, better support for multi-user
installations, and many, many more bug fixes.
CrossOver Plugin is immediately available for download from the
CodeWeavers Web site, www.codeweavers.com for $24,95, and a CD
version, priced at $34.95 is also available.
The complete release notes are as follows:
* CrossOver 1.1.1 - 2002/05/13
- Added support for MacroMedia Flash.
- Added support for Superscape Viscape.
- Added a workaround for Mozilla bug 78919. Word/Excel/PowerPoint
associations now work in Mozilla (>=0.9.4) and Netscape 6
- Added support for ~/.mozilla/plugins which can be used with
- Fixed the main sound issues.
- Fixed a bug which would cause some files to be
- Uninstalling no longer blindly deletes everything in the
- Fixed the bug that prevented 'Cleanup CrossOver' from deleting
the wineserver socket. Added support for multi-user setups. (aka
the 'Unable to load the windows plugin library...' bug)
- Fixed the memory leak in Excel Viewer.
- Fixed the handling of ';' in MIME types.
- Fixed the bug that caused wineprefixcreate.sh to use undefined
- Fixed the handling of large numbers of icons in
- Fixed the uninstallation procedure of the RPM packages
generated by buildrpm.sh.
- Fixed the open file dialogs to not truncate the last character
when renaming a file.
- Fixed the KDE tab Launch button.
- Set the umask during multi-user installations so that all users
will have access to the windows applications.
- Improved the handling of broken FreeType and Xrender versions.
(aka the 'Unable to close run pipe...' bug)
- Improved the MIME type association support. Many bugs were
fixed including an incorrect test for $display, and an
incompatiblity with Debian for Mailcap files.
- Improved the Windows to Unix path conversion when invoking a
- Improved the RPM packages so that they no longer need X to be
running to be installed or uninstalled.
- Removed the dependencies on the IO::Dir and Getopt::Long.pm