Release Digest: GNOME, June 12, 2002
Jun 13, 2002, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
A stand alone guitar chord and scale database and bonobo component
providing chord renderering and selection.
-Now works with Gnome2 :)
-The inmemory chord database is shared between instances
-The individual tools have been conveted to stand alone apps
-Many small bug fixes
* NNTP method for browsing network news
* "vfolder" method for handling the panel's virtual menu structure
* TAR method can read into tarballs
* Control Center now based on preferences module
* Support for file monitoring through FAM
* Support for Portuguese and Malay locales
* FreeBSD support
What's Changed since GnomeVFS 1.x:
* Ported to the GNOME 2 platform
* API cleanups and consistency fixes
* Split header files between module APIs and public APIs
* Better API coverage in documentation
* 64-bit clean
* Better Solaris support
* Don't leak memory!
* Trash doesn't cause performance problems on NFS
* Performance and memory improvements to the file & ftp modules
* Dramatic performance improvements to the ssh module
* Removed GDK dependency
* Split MIME data into a seperate module (gnome-mime-data)
* Various bug fixes to the MIME database including loading much faster
* Authentication prompts less, caches better
* XFer more accurately reports progress throughout operations
Glade-- is a backend for glade and glade-2 to create C++ sources (gtk-- and
gtkmm2, any combination).
Glade is an graphical user interface builder for gtk/gnome.
NOTE: glade-- is usable for both Gnome and Gnome2!
- initial gtkmm2 support (work in progress)
- glade-2 file support
- combined isInternalMethod with a method which parses SignalHandlerArgs
- new shorter Widget specific code (using the property concept)
- Gtk::Image support (but glade 0.6.4 can't handle it, so you need
- GtkImageMenuItem, GtkSeparatorMenuItem, Bonobo_Dock[Item] (Bryan W.
- new option '--embed-images' vs. '--load-images' to specify embedding
executable) vs. loading of images (at runtime) of images/pixmaps
[embedding non xpm images does not work yet]
- redesigned menu creation methods (more readable, less code duplication)
- non-gnome menu accelerator segfault fixed
- improved xpm embedding
- fixed some gcc 3.1 issues, perhaps the rest might be compiler bugs?