GARNOME 0.12.1 "Can't Dance In These Old Shoes" Released
Jul 08, 2002, 03:00 (1 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
GARNOME 0.12.1: "Can't Dance In These Old Shoes"
I got myself a little present when G2D was released, which encouraged some
cool fixes to GARNOME. How do you spell "holiday"? Here's the silicon-candy:
Results of optimised "time make -j install" in the meta/gnome-desktop
garball with a Dual Athlon 1800+ MP, 512MB DDR RAM. Complete build in
tmpfs (!!!) installed to usual disk-based ext3 prefix:
"Sweet baby Jebus."
Enjoy G2D and GARNOME. :-)
* Update to KDE 3.0.2.
* Added: kdeaddons, kdeartwork, kdebindings, kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdevelop,
mostfet-liquid. Not entirely sure if the depends are right for some of
* Added buildclean rule and accompanying BUILD_CLEAN variable in
gar.conf.mk/. If you need to build on a small drive, or in tmpfs, set
BUILD_CLEAN to 1. Off by default, because it will confuse people
unfamiliar with GAR.
* Enforced -j1 in some garballs, so that complete parallel builds of at
least the GNOME stuff will build. This effects: GConf, ORBit2,
gnome-panel, libgtkhtml, libgtop, libxml2, sawfish.
* Added Intel and AMD optimised build hints to the category.mk files.
Just go in and swap the comments. AMD hints designed for GCC 3.1.
* Updated a few GNOME garballs, and included the GStreamer 0.4.0 release.
Rhythmbox and gst-player not yet updated for it, don't expect these to
Where Do I Get It?
The tarball and documentation  are available on the GARNOME website:
 People who don't read the documentation tend to look pretty silly on
garnome-list and in #garnome.
I get my kicks above the .sigline, sunshine.