Release Digest: GNOME, July 23, 2002
Jul 24, 2002, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
gtkglextmm version 0.4.0 has been released.
gtkglextmm is a C++ wrapper for GtkGLExt, OpenGL extension to GTK.
It enables C++ programmers to write OpenGL applications with gtkmm2.
This is the official announcement of gtkglextmm.
In addition to UNIX platforms, Win32 platform is also tested and
This release is tested under RedHat Linux 7.3 and Windows XP with
* gtkmm 1.3.18
* GTK+ 2.0.5
* GCC 3.1 or 2.96
Could you please try it and tell me your comments?
gtkglextmm is C++ wrapper for GtkGLExt, OpenGL Extension to GTK.
The official web site is:
The official download & development information site is:
Currently gtkglextmm supports
* UNIX platforms
Tested under Linux (RedHat 7.3).
* Win32 platforms
Tested under Windows XP Professional using MinGW/Cygwin
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -- Alan Kay
New versions of:
- librsvg, the GNOME SVG rendering library
- Eel, the Eazel Extension Library
- Nautilus, the GNOME file manager
are available for download at:
Major changes since the last versions:
- Fixed misrender of the ScalableGorilla trashcan.
- UI tweaks
- Bugfixes and performance fixes
- New eel_vfs_has_capability() framework
- New labeled image radiobutton
- Accessibility updates
- Various UI cleanups from the ui review
- Various bugfixes
- The Gnome Nautilus theme now follows the gtk+ theme better
- Window geometry is stored even in open-directories-in-same-window
- All executable bonobo components moved into libexec.
- Some performance improvements
- Accessibility fixes
- Add support for kernel supermount patch
- Read desktop file icons according to the icon theme specification
- New throbber for the gnome theme
- large version of trash icon
- Better handling of disk ejecting
- Proper handling of launching desktop files according to the spec
This branch targets GNOME 1.4. See gnomemm2 for GNOME2.
gnomemm provides C++ wrappers for the gnome-libs widgets, such
as GnomeApp, Canvas, Dialog, Druid, MDI, MessageBox, etc.
2002-07-16 Murray Cumming
* ProcBar constructor: cast to correct callback signature, which
I suspect has changed in a recent gnome-libs. This fixes bug
* Tue Jul 23 2002 v2.1
- Becose webhosting usage has exceeded the traffic quota,
project hosting change to http://htmlcodeconvert.sourceforge.net/
* Thu Jul 18 2002 v2.0
- Migrate from GTK+ app to Gnome support.
- Many GTKWIDGET is replace by GNOMEWIDGET.
- Toolbar is add.
- Function "stop conversion" is add.
- .spec file is updated.
* Fri Jun 07 2002 v1.2
- Polished source distribution.
- Add spec file for build RPM.
- Add icons.
- Create menu entry from spec file.
- And more...
* Sat Jun 01 2002 v1.1
- project submit to gnome.org
* Mon Mar 18 2002 v1.1
- French translation is add.
- Accelerator is add.
- Many char* is replace by GString*
- Better control on mem freed.
* Thu Mar 14 2002 v1.0
- First release of HTML Code Convert
Pan 0.12.91, `If you were in the moccasins of Peter Pigeonhole',
has been released. It can be found at http://pan.rebelbase.com/.
What is Pan?
Pan is a newsreader, loosely based on Agent and Gravity, which
attempts to be pleasant to use for new and advanced users alike.
It has all the typical features found in newsreaders and also
supports yEnc, offline newsreading, article filtering, multiple
connections, and a number of extra features for power users and
It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score on the
Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations. See
http://pan.rebelbase.com/features/ for the rest of the
This version adds support for random signatures and
fixes a bunch of 0.12.90 bugs.
A revision number of >= 91 is used to flag this release as a
without confusing RPM with a name like "0.13.0-pre2".
Changes Since 0.12.90
* Random signatures can now be generated by by specifying
executable files (like fortune) as your sig file.
BUG FIXES (sorted by age)
* Fix 0.12.90 bug that crashed when reading expired articles.
Thanks to Alex Jaques for reporting this bug. (#88665)
* Fix 0.12.90 bug that caused "show all headers" to not
take effect until the next article was read.
Thanks to DevilKin for reporting this bug. (#88790)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug the prevented the toggle 'Show Group Pane',
'Show Header Pane', and 'Show Body Pane' buttons from working.
Thanks to Mike Robinson for reporting this bug. (#86881)
* Fixed a handful of 0.12.90 Reply and Followup-To bugs.
Thanks to DevilKin and Laurent Duperval for reporting
these bugs. (#88010, #87854)
* Fixed 0.12.90 log message that confused the log window.
Thanks for DevilKin for reporting this bug. (#88008)
* Fixed 0.12.90 problem with %g and %G not being
substituted correctly when saving articles/attachments.
Thanks to quimvy72 for reporting this bug. (#88027)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that broke add-to-front-of-queue.
Thanks to Alen Williams for reporting this bug. (#88106)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that crashed when editing filters from
the rule dialog. (#86215)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that didn't check the user's get-new-
headers-in-subscribed-groups-on-startup setting. (#88255)
* Added ctrl-return back as the shortcut for `send now'.
Looks like this got dropped by accident in 0.12.0.
Thanks to Laurent Duperval for reporting this. (#88386)
* Fixed minor 0.11.90 bug. When the user clicks on a line,
the radiobutton on that line is supposed to select itself.
* Fixed obscure 0.9.x bug in marking groups articles read
that could munge the unread article count.