Release Digest: GNOME, August 5, 2002
Aug 06, 2002, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
* What are they ?
gnome-panel contains the GNOME panel which the area
on your desktop from which you can run applications and
applets, and perform other tasks.
gnome-desktop contains the libgnome-desktop library
which contains APIs that really belong in libgnome[ui] but
have not seen enough testing or development to be considered
stable. It also contains documents installed as part of the
core GNOME distribution, e.g. the GPL, GNOME's .desktop files,
the gnome-about program, some manpages and GNOME's core graphics
files and icons.
gnome-session contains the GNOME session manager, the GNOME
session manager configuration program and several other session
management related utilities and the GNOME session manager proxy,
which handles basic session management for applications that do not
* What's changed ?
* Only request a Global style session save (Mark)
* Properly figure out opitimum place to put new sliding panels (Mark)
* Don't change cursor with menu popup menu (Mark)
* Fix panel overlap avoidance (Mark)
* Focus applets and launchers as they are added to panel (Mark)
* Tõivo Leedjärv.
* Fixed referencing a bogus file handle (Michael)
* Duarte Loreto.
* Amend a Global save to Both if user selects save session (Mark)
* Capplet saving state fix (Stephen Browne)
* Gustavo Noronha Silva, Manuel Borchers, Tõivo Leedjärv and
Vincent van Adrighem .
* Where can I get them ?