Release Digest: GNOME, August 19, 2002
Aug 20, 2002, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
Quick Lounge 0.75
Quick Lounge 0.75
An applet to organize your preferred applications on the GNOME Panel.
* Added ability to add launchers, add spaces and remove spaces from
the context menu.
* Size request and allocation now works properly.
* Automatically create the applet folder.
* Many other bugfixes.
Pan 0.13.0, `The Whole Remains Beautiful', has been released.
It can be found at http://pan.rebelbase.com/ .
What is Pan?
Pan is a newsreader which attempts to be pleasing to both
new users and power users. In addition to the standard
newsreader features, Pan also supports yEnc, offline newsreading,
article filtering, multiple connections, and more features for
power users and alt.binaries fans.
It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score on the
Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations. See
http://pan.rebelbase.com/features/ for the rest of the
This version of Pan adds a smaller memory footprint,
improved i18n, the ability to restore tasks that were queued
when your last Pan session ended, support for random signatures
a la `fortune', a new toolbar, optional spellchecking,
and many bugfixes.
There have also been five beta releases to shake out any new bugs.
What's New Since 0.12.1
* Added a toolbar for frequently-used commands.
* Added the ability to restore, on startup, tasks that were
queued when your last Pan session ended. (#81626)
* Added optional spellchecking in the compose window. (Michael Alger)
* Executable signature files (like fortune) now supported.
* Restored single-click filtering that's been gone since 0.9.7.
* cs - Michal Bukovjan
* es - Pablo del Campo
* et - Tõivo Leedjärv
* fr - Christophe Merlet
* hu - Andras Timar
* ko - Nam SungHyun
* nl - Reinout van Schouwen
* no - Tov Are Jacobsen
* pl - GNOME PL Team
* pt - Duarte Loreto
* sk - Marcel Telka
* sv - Christian Rose
* vi - pclouds
* Faster startup time when Pan's article cache is large.
(Bas Mevissen, #89455)
* Eliminated the memory penalty for having tasks queued which
operated on newsgroups other than the current newsgroup.
This should be especially helpful on alt.binaries groups.
* Flagging messages now works across all newsgroups. Articles
could previously only be flagged for the current newsgroup.
* Pan now handles https:// URLs in the text pane correctly.
(Adam Huffman, #89293)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that broke `add task to front of queue'.
(Alen Williams, #88106)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that crashed on editing filters.
(Carl Hudkins, #86215)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that didn't check the user's `get new
headers in subscribed groups on startup' setting.
(Brian Morrison, #88255)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that caused Pan to crash on some URL mouseovers.
* Fixed minor 0.12.0 shortcut bug in the Feedback window.
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that dropped the ability to queue up a handful
of binary picture articles by pressing the space key repeatedly.
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that mishandled improperly-encoded headers.
(Toivo Leedjarv, #87065)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that didn't handle editors without UTF8 support.
(Martin Tomasek, #85289)
* Added ctrl-return back as the shortcut for `send now'.
Looks like this got dropped by accident in 0.12.0.
(Laurent Duperval, #88386)
* Fixed minor 0.11.90 bug. When the user clicks on a line,
the radiobutton on that line is supposed to select itself.
* Fixed obscure 0.9.x bug in marking groups articles read
that could munge the unread article count.
* Fixed 0.9.3 bug that failed to notice `disk full' errors
when decoding attachments. Pan now fails the decode task
the user can free up some space and requeue the task without
having to re-download the article bodies.
(Wolfgang Karall, #79993)
* Fix 0.8.1b3 bug that forced folder names to be lowercase.
(Himanshu Gohel, #74892)
* Fixed old bug that locked up Pan when parsing an empty article.
(William MacCracken, #89260)
* Now properly threads multiparts with subjects like
`some text (1of2).part01.P01 (1/45)'.
(Roman Moeller, #82751)
* About a dozen minor memory leaks fixed.