Release Digest: GNOME, November 22, 2002
Nov 22, 2002, 23:30 (0 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
Gringotts allows you to jot down sensitive data (passwords, PINs, small
files, etc.) in an easy-to-read, easy-to-access, and most of all very
secure form. It features 8 strong cryptographic algorithms, 2 secure hash
algos, and 2 compression techniques.
The french translation has been updated; the 'strong random' feature (see
FAQ) has been moved to commandline options.
a little problem with the visualization of the security level has been
Pan 0.13.2.90, ``Hexapodia as the key insight''
has been released. It can be found at http://pan.rebelbase.com/ .
What is Pan?
Pan is a newsreader which attempts to be pleasing to both
new users and power users. In addition to the standard newsreader
features, Pan also supports yEnc, offline newsreading,
article filtering, multiple connections, and more features
for power users and alt.binaries fans.
It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score
on the Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations.
See http://pan.rebelbase.com/features/ for the whole sales pitch.
This release is a happy group of bugfixes and speed tweaks.
A revision number of 90 or higher is used to flag this release as
a beta without confusing RPM with a name like ``0.13.2-pre1''.
Changes Since 0.13.2
* Fixed a nasty little memory corruption bug in Pan's status bars.
* Fixed a race condition that could cause Pan to crash on startup
when the ``restore tasks?'' dialog appeared.
* Fixed crash that occurred when changing groups or exiting Pan when
the current group in the header pane is trying to refresh itself.
(85153, Carl Hudkins)
* Fixed 0.13.1 bug that broke the Supersede function.
* Fixed annoying space-key-reading bug where Pan could jump to the
article before the bottom page of the current article had been
* Added the `red x' icon back to the header pane for articles whose
download attempts have failed.
(93169, Leonard Nutley)
* Fixed a bug that corrupted the multipart states of some articles.
* Fixed refresh bug that caused Pan to disconcertingly deselect
the current group and reselect the previous group.
* Fixed bug that broke space reading on articles whose subjects
contained 8bit data.
(89281, Christian Lohmaier)
* Fixed bug that broke the bozo and spam filters on 8bit data.
* Handle slightly-broken Message-ID headers more gracefully.
Message-IDs with trailing spaces broke space reading in 0.13.0.
* Handle broken content-type headers more gracefully: if text/plain
couldn't be parsed, the text message wasn't be displayed.
(98463, Martin Schrode)
* Fixed obsolete web link in the new user dialog.
* Fixed a half-dozen small memory leaks.
* Lots of speed tweaks, particularly in refreshing the header pane.
* Pan now retains custom accelerator keys (shortcuts) between
* reordered the group popup menu items so that the delete-all and
mark-all-read buttons are at the bottom next to `delete group',
less likely to get clicked by accident.
* Modify the header pane to clear the display when the top row in
the header pane, which shows the group's name, is selected.
(89959, Bas Mevissen)
* Made the new user dialog's welcome message more i18n-friendly.
(98334, Christian Rose)
* Reduced the number of strings needing translations by merging
similar strings elsewhere in Pan.
* Added more error checking and logging when spawning new threads.