GNOME Foundation Preliminary Elections Results Announced
Dec 03, 2002, 11:00 (4 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee is pleased to
announce the preliminary results for the Board of Directors.
These results can be challenged by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The challenges have to be sent before Friday,
December 20, 2002, 23:59 UTC. Please note that these results should not
be considered final until any such challenges have been resolved.
Some figures about the votes: there were 275 registered voters. 211
voters sent valid ballots. Eight ballots were invalidated because of a
missing address member or validation token.
Candidates in order of votes received, with affiliations:
1. JEFF WAUGH (151 votes) - Independent consultant
2. JIM GETTYS (148 votes) - Hewlett-Packard
3. NAT FRIEDMAN (145 votes) - Ximian
4. DANIEL VEILLARD (142 votes) - Red Hat
5. GLYNN FOSTER (134 votes) - Sun Microsystems
6. LUIS VILLA (128 votes) - Ximian
7. MIGUEL DE ICAZA (124 votes) - Ximian
8. JONATHAN BLANDFORD (120 votes) - Red Hat
9. JODY GOLDBERG (118 votes) - Ximian
10. JAMES HENSTRIDGE (116 votes) - Data Analysis Australia
11. MICHAEL MEEKS (107 votes) - Ximian [*]
12. BILL HANEMAN (91 votes) - Sun Microsystems
13. FEDERICO MENA QUINTERO (89 votes) - Ximian
14. TIM NEY (86 votes) - GNOME Foundation
15. LESLIE PROCTOR (76 votes) - GNOME Foundation
16. BASTIEN NOCERA (72 votes) - Red Hat
17. MIKE NEWMAN (59 votes) - North Somerset Council
18. MARTIN SEVIOR (52 votes) - University of Melbourne
19. RICHARD STALLMAN (52 votes) - Free Software Foundation
20. MARTIN BAULIG (50 votes) - Ximian
21. MALCOLM TREDINNICK (46 votes) - CommSecure Pty Ltd
22. AMY KAHN (42 votes) - GNOME Foundation
23. SRI RAMKRISHNA (24 votes) - Intel
[*] Per the Foundation's charter, no more than four directors may share
a corporate affiliation. Michael is the fifth-leading vote-getter from
Ximian, and is thus ineligible to be elected.
The results can be found at
Instructions to verify the results can be found at
The Committee would like to thank all the voters and all the candidates.
The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.