Release Digest: GNOME: December 8, 2002
Dec 09, 2002, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
*** gtkmm 2.2
gtkmm provides a C++ interface to GTK+. gtkmm 2.2 wraps GTK+ 2.2
Like GTK+ 2.2, gtkmm 2.2 will contain only API addition, without API or ABI
breakage. We might do bug-fixing work on gtkmm 2.0, but most work will
happen on HEAD, because a stable GTK+ 2.2.0 will be released soon.
Contrary to the gtkmm 2.0.2 announcement, gtkmm 2.0.2 will not build
with GTK+ 2.1.x, due to minor API breakage in GTK+.
*** Changes since 2.0.1
* atkmm: Major API corrections. It was unusable before, so we felt free to break
the API. (Daniel Elstner)
* Gtk::Clipboard: Now inherits from Glib::Object, so it should be used with
Glib::RefPtr<>. This was unusable before, so we felt free to break the API.
* Gtk::TreeModel::RowReference: It's now a "boxed type" so it can be copied.
* Gtk::TreeView: some convenience method overloads added. (Daniel Elstner)
* gdkmm: New classes and methods added, mostly to support multi-head.
* gtkmm: New methods, for multi-head and some new TreeView methods.
(Daniel Sundberg, Murray Cumming)
* glibmm/stringutils.h: New utility functions. (Daniel Elstner)
* Gtk::Toolbar: Now has non-STL-style interface - e.g. append().
* Glib::Markup added. You probably want to use a real XML parser instead.
* Spec file for RPMs corrected. (Walter H. van Holst)
* Widget-specific and Internationalization chapters completed.
* Book now has inline example code. (Murray Cumming, Daniel Elstner)
* New book/dialogs example. (Murray Cumming)
* examples: warnings fixed. (Daniel Elstner)
Also in 2.0.2:
* Lifetime fix: rare segfault involving destruction and hide() fixed.
* TreeView::append_editable(): Now works with bool model columns.
* reference-counting fixed in some vfuncs. (Daniel Elstner)
You will need libsigc++ 1.2, available here:
There is ongoing discussion on the mailing list:
and in the #c++ channel on irc.gnome.org/
Totem "Split the Megahertz" 0.13.0 is out.
* Plenty of small bug fixes
* Detection and easier selection of the Optical Media Drive
* Better DVD navigation (John McCutchan <email@example.com>)
* Fix wrong aspect ratio
Bastien Nocera <firstname.lastname@example.org>
gnome-pkgview 0.0.8 (Neckinger)
Displays the version of desktop components installed, and makes a stab at
your overall GNOME version.
No big changes here this time.
- Made a start on accessibility/usability issues.
- Most translations updated.