Release Digest: GNOME, January 29, 2003
Jan 30, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
Displays in an applet (with nice graphics) the current
status of any seti@home client running. Changes: (0.4.1) -
New stable base, mainly bug-fixes, only new features added
are (i)detection of first-time seti@home users (ii)all
windows display a nice
Build fix for newer GCC's
netspeed_applet is a little gnome applet that shows the traffic on a
specified networksdevice in kbytes/s.
- Added an little icon for a "hang-up" network device.
- Now detects ip changes (hopefully fixes issues with dhcp).
- Fixed a nasty memory leak.
- And (I think) I removed all warnings, when you compile with -O2 -g
Totem "Oh Eeeeh Oh Eeeeh Oh" 0.90.0 is out.
Totem is simple movie player for the Gnome desktop based on xine. It
features a simple playlist, a full-screen mode, seek and volume
controls, as well as a pretty complete keyboard navigation.
* added Visual plugin support for audio-only file
* added Screenshot function
* drag'n'drop and mousewheel actions for the video canvas
(drag a video to the desktop to bookmark it)
* added a video thumbnailer for Nautilus
* faster video widget with faster fullscreen
* added authentication dialogs for locations needing it
* moved the gnome-vfs plugin to xine-lib
* make it work on remote displays
* some cleanups making seeking faster
* added visual effects for audio-only files
* added a statusbar
* added CDDA support (Digital CD playback)
* added subtitle support (only on the command-line, use like:
* added a dialog for more precise seeking
* plenty of bug fixes
: "That shit is the mad notes. Written by God Herself and handed down
to the world's greatest band--the motherfucking Time."
Bastien Nocera <firstname.lastname@example.org>