Mozilla.org: Mozilla 1.3 Beta Released
Feb 11, 2003, 14:00 (15 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
From the Release Notes...
"What's New in Mozilla 1.3b
- "Image auto sizing allows a user to toggle between full-sized
images and images sized to fit the browser window. To give it a
try, load a large image into the browser window or size the window
to be much smaller. Now clicking on the image will alternate
between auto-sized and full-sized.The feature can be disabled (or
enabled) from the Appearance panel in Preferences.
- "Mozilla Mail's junk-mail classification is mostly complete.
Users can now automatically move junk mail to a spam folder.
- "Users can now 'dynamically' switch profiles. To give it a try,
from the tools menu select 'Switch Profile...'
- "Find as you type, formerly known as type ahead find, has a new
preferences panel (Advanced: Keyboard Navigation).
- "When installed, Chatzilla now has a normal Mozilla preferences
- "about:config, the listing of most of Mozilla's preference
settings is now editable. Power users can now tweak just about
every pref available without opening prefs.js in a text editor.
Warning: tweaking some of these prefs may break Mozilla completely.
Use at your own risk.
- "This release of Mozilla marks the kickoff of a research
project to apply machine learning to improve the browser's
autocomplete feature. The project's first phase needs as many
Mozilla users as possible to participate in collecting data. All
you need to do is turn on a pref, use this build for daily browsing
for a couple of weeks, zip up a data file on your local drive, and
submit it online. Please read
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ml/autocomplete/ for more
Mozilla.org: Mozilla 1.3a Announced(Dec 16, 2002)