Release Digest: GNOME, April 1, 2003
Apr 02, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
Eel and Nautilus 18.104.22.168, "We love you, list view" are released
This release continues the work on the UI bugs that make nautilus
tougher to use. In particular we've focused on the list view, a
long-neglected part of the nautilus family. Anybody using the list
view on a regular basis should upgrade, we think you'll be pleased.
Here is a partial list of the changes in 2.2.3. See the NEWS file for
* List view mouse behavior is much improved. Drag and Drop is more
natural, single click mode is usable, and selection behaves more like
selection in the icon view.
* The list view doesn't cut off bits of icons anymore.
* List and icon view both have keynav and mouse selection improvements.
* Easier to trigger auto scrolling during drag and drop in the icon
* Much better thumbnail queue handling. Visible thumbnails are
* Show volume and free space in the property dialog for directories
* Clean up by name doesn't leave icons outside the screen anymore
* Automatic notes emblem (requires gnome-icon-theme 1.0.2)
* ... and more
You can download the releases here:
-- the nautilus team
Glade-- is a backend for glade and glade-2 to create C++ sources (gtk-- and
gtkmm2, any combination).
Glade is an graphical user interface builder for gtk/gnome.
- glademm can now build a project skeleton for libglade(mm) programs
simply pass --libglade
- you can switch between compiled in and dynamically loaded widgets at your
choice, --libglade-support maintains source code compatibility with the
--libglade version while compiling everything in.
- new tool to embed png/jpg images in C(++) programs without decompressing
- response codes for dialogs are now supported
- honor align+scale property for alignment (Mark Jones)
- radiobutton group fixes (should have never worked)
- honor more gtk2 options for labels and entries
GNOME Software Map entry
Glunarclock displays the current phase of the Moon as an applet
for the gnome panel and provides sundry astronomical data such as clock
functions, rise and set times and current coordinates for the moon.
** number of frames automagically set for images which ship with
** Cartoon image mirrored in southern hemisphere
** fix compliancy of docs with scrollkeeper-omf.dtd
** fix several typos in docs
** bugfix for southern latitudes (which were calculated as northern
** fix padding on location page of preferences dialog
GrandrApplet - 0.2
GrandrApplet is a GNOME panel applet for quickly changing display
resolution and orientation. You need at least XFree86 4.3 with the
xrandr extension for it to work.
- Rotation is only enabled on TinyX aka kdrive X servers.
- Beware this is an initial release, its not heavily tested.
- Needs a more interesting icon, i18n'ing.
- Feedback welcomed.
Pan 0.13.93 ``Don't you cry, it'll give you lines around your eyes''
Pan is a newsreader, loosely based on Agent and Gravity, which attempts to
be pleasant to use for new and advanced users alike. It has all the typical
features found in newsreaders and also supports offline, yEnc, charsets,
and other features.
This is the fourth beta of 0.14.0, which supports slrn/XNews-style
This beta adds a big scoring speedup and a handful of important bugfixes.