Release Digest: GNOME, May 26, 2003
May 27, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
gtkmm provides a C++ interface to GTK+. gtkmm 2.2 wraps GTK+ 2.2
Like GTK+ 2.2, gtkmm 2.2 contains only API addition, without API
or ABI breakage.
(See also Known Problems below)
- No changes, just a rebuilt tarball.
gcc 3.3, now used by debian unstable has a compiler bug that
prevents gtkmm from compiling:
gcc 3.2 does not have this problem.
You will need libsigc++ 1.2, available here: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1970
There is ongoing discussion on the mailing list: http://www.gtkmm.org/mailinglist.shtml
and in the #c++ channel on irc.gnome.org/
PDF viewing program based on Xpdf
- Basic (inline) links support - #112139
- Translation updates: Takeshi AIHANA (ja), Branko Ivanovic (sr),
Abel Cheung (zh_TW), Christian Rose (sv), Miloslav Trmac (cs),
Andrew W. Nosenko (ru)
- Respect the CropBox/MediaBox - #112884
Gfax is a pop up fax application for Gnome. It supplies the
familiar pop up window when printing to a fax printer. Gfax
currently works with Hylafax. Mgetty and efax support comming.
This release should be far more functional that previous
- Changed the default queue that is displayed on startup to the
- Added ability to delete Hylafax jobs.
- Made "Delete Job" button sensitive only when showing send
- Gfax now attempts to display the proper sensitivity for many
buttons, such as "Delete" and "Edit" in the Phonebooks page.
- The send fax page is now functional and postscript files can be
sent directly from gfax.
- The makefile has been updated to install schema on "make
install", you will no longer have to do a seperate "make
- When creating a new phone book the base directory defaults to
~/.etc/gfax so users will only have to enter a file name and not
the entire path.
- Created a gfaxlpr command for use with apps like OpenOffice. It
seem that reading input in the shell sometimes fails so gfaxlpr
does nothing but read from the standard input. Hopefully this will
work better for printing from applications. See the INSTALL file
for more information about defining printers in OpenOffice.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- create phonebook directory (~/.etc/gfax/) if it doesn't
- create "phonebooks" file if it doesn't exist.
- delete old spool file when finished.
Version 2.2.1 (18.05.2003)
- Init gettext earlier to catch some bugs (Hidetoshi Tajima) Bug
- Fix search path for locale.alias. (Julio Merino) Bug
- Fix url substitution with custom web browser command (Pasupathi
Duraisamy) Bug #108909
- Plug a leak in the help routines. (Kjartan)
- Fix manual pages that have non-numeric filetypes such as
open.3pm. Patch from Roderich Schupp. Bug #101440.
- Fix crashes when feeding directories to the help converters.
Patch from John Fleck. Bug #104056.
- Generate help-methods.conf based on libexecdir value. Patch
from Frédéric Crozat. Bug #91169.
- Honor --disable-schemas-install. (Julio Merino)
- Require newer intltool (Kjartan)
az (Metin Amiroff), be (Dmitry Mastrukov), bn (Taneem Ahmed), cs
(Miloslav Trmac), de (Christian Neumair), el (Kostas Papadimas), es
(Carlos Perello Martin), id (Mohammad DAMT), ja (Takeshi AIHANA),
ml (Guntupalli Karunkar), mn (Badral Saulig), ms (Hasbullah Bin
Pit), ko (Changwoo Ryu), nl (Vincent Van Adrighem), no (Kjartan
Maraas), pl (Zbigniew Chyla), pt (Duarte Loreto), ru (Dmitry
Gabber 0.8.8 (GNOME 1)
Gabber is a Gnome client for the distributed Open Source instant
messaging system called Jabber. Gabber is one of the most complete
Jabber clients, while still remaining one of the easiest to
- Status Icon for GNOME2/KDE3 using the freedesktop.org protocol
- Read Previous in normal message receive dialog (julian)
- Send general invisible presence /and/ directly to agents
- Jabberoo updated to latest libjudo (julian)
- Gabber updated to work with latest Jabberoo (James Widman)
- Updated Gabber Manual! (Eliot Landrum)
- PGP/GnuPG keyserver is now configurable (julian)
- Nickname highlighting in group chats (julian)
- Experimental festival support (Mike Szczerban)
- Fix for crash on sending time with different charset (James
- Several wide character bug fixes (James Widman)
- Several configure fixes for various architectures (julian)
- "Default" button in Contact Information fixed
- Fixed crash when agent is left selected (thanks Bac9)
- New version of xtext fixes hidden line problem (julian, Andreas
- No more autoupdate (julian)
Gnome Crontab Editor 0.0.5
Gnome Crontab Editor 0.0.5
The GNOME Crontab Editor is a graphical interface to the crontab
program. You can use it to create, delete and edit scheduled tasks
using a simple point-and-click interface.
This new version allows users to modify crontab files on remote
hosts using SSH.
A Gui installation project used to assist insatallation of
source code files. We work in conjunction with the guinstaller.sourceforge.net/
account, though that account is the main one.
Included uninstall support.
Added PAM support.
Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash
allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. It
is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced
books and accurate reports.
- Fix transfer dialog to not hang if OK button is clicked w/o
filling in dialog properly.
- Add HTML::Parser to the list of items checked/installed.
- Updated translations: Brazilian Portugese, Czech, Italian,
- Fix the "View xxxbar" menu items to track properly when a new
data file is opened. Consolidate the code for manipulating the
View/Statusbar and View/Summarybar menu items. Work around a Gnome
MDI bug as best as possible.
- The numeric test regex was broken and would fail on ALL
numerics, causing all imports to be of value zero.
- Fix for creating new template transactions [from Scheduling
existing transactions], such that they have valid Posted
- Fix for existing/old data without posted dates. If we encounter
the condition, fixup the transaction's Posted date to that of the
- Add LOT_IS_CLOSED and LOT_BALANCE query parameter methods
- Fixes for 64-bit architectures.
- Add gncQueryGetBooks() API to return list of books in a
- Add INVOICE_POST_LOT query parameter methods
- Add an api to force an event even when events are suspended.
Without such an API, events can be lost if the event system is
suspended when the event comes in.
- Added gnucash wrappers around gnome-print's rotate, translate,
gsave, and grestore APIs. All to allow sideways printing (by
rotating the image).
- Wrap the new print-session apis.
- Modify the AC_GWRAP_CHECK_GUILE() macro to take an argument,
the g-wrap module directory. Then actually test that the g-wrap
module loads. This should detect systems without slib
- New gwrap check macro
- Deal properly when there are no prices for a commodity.
- Supply a start date (as well as an end date) and don't print
invoices that occur prior to the start date or after the end date.
The aging information ignores the start date, but not the end date.
This means the aging information will always be acurate through the
end date (even if all the invoices and payments are not
- Limit the itemized invoices/payments to the start/end date
range, but print out a "Balance" line if there is a non-zero
balance as of the start date.
- Nikos Charonitakis's account chart updates: added new carloan
account chart, updated account chart.
- Use the correct columns when printing the Gain column, don't
reuse the same column as profit; we want to report different
- Don't let the user do anything with the options dialog until
- Had the wrong number of arguments in
- Add some (commented out) code to support a start date for
computing the Net Income (aka Net Profit) in the Balance
- Move the instantiation of File -> Properties into
main-window.scm (out of business-gnome.scm) for future cases where
we might decide to ship the business modules separately.
- Fix the ofx test program to make sure it links on many weird
- When we are asked to reload the report, queue the request,
queue a draw event, and then return immediately. When the draw
event happens, load the report then. This lets you hit Apply and
then OK before the report finishes loading.
- Make sure we can find libofx/libofx.h
- Include split transactions in the filtering of the transaction
- Use a 'from' date to better compute the Net Income on the
- Change the default Search Operation for numerics from "less
than" to "equals" -- so by default you would search for an exact
- "eval" changed API on guile-1.6. Use the existing API to
convert a delta symbol to a delta time.
- Call eval with the right number of arguments based on early or
- Change the date format string to be consistent with other
places (e.g. the check print dialog) and use '%' instead of
- Make the Bill Due Days option selectable based on the setting
of Notify Bills Due?
- Don't crash if you remove the last entry and then add another
- Deal with the case where the first transaction found for a
particular company is a payment
- Also print out any overpayment in the total column.
- Catch errors when running the child reports so we display the
failed report backtrace but also display an error and continue with
the multicolumn report.