Release Digest: GNOME, June 12, 2003
Jun 13, 2003, 05:00 (2 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Atlantis is a native Web browser for the GNOME desktop.
2003-06-09 Ali Akcaagac
- ===== Released 0.1.1 (alpha) =====
(atlantis_combo_entry_activate_callback): when entering an url in
the locationbar it used to resolve it together with the url which
was previously choosen in the buffer (from bookmarks, or clicks)
this caused to show a concatenated effekt, we now make sure this
doesn't happen anymore.
- src/atlantis.c (skip_protocols): replace all strncmp() calls
with case insensive calls from glib g_ascii_strncasecmp(). we need
case insensive checks because protocols can be written in different
cases in html pages and lead into crashing the browser if not found
- README: updated the readme file again and added copyright
notice. Also enchanced the features section.
2003-06-08 Ali Akcaagac
- README: updated the readme file.
- data/atlantis-logo.png: file re-created with a better
- data/atlantis.png: file re-vreated with a better
- data/atlantis.xcf: the gimp xcf file of the raw butterfly
- data/atlantis.html: values adjusted for the new
atlantis-logo.png file, which has slightly changed.
- src/atlantis-gtkhtml.c (atlantis_submit_idle_add): this
function got added to process submits correctly otherwise the
gtkhtml engine segfaults.
- src/atlantis-gtkhtml.c (atlantis_submit_callback): function got
changed to add an idle instead calling the submit directly. used to
cause crashes in previous atlantis versions.
2003-06-07 Ali Akcaagac
- configure.in: updated pkg_config versions for checked
- data/atlantis.xml: fixed labeling of toolbar elements which
previously showed the accelerator underscore. this shouldn't be
like that so it got fixed.
- data/atlantis.html: used tidy to check and style the html intro
- src/atlantis.c: removed version output to the console.
- data/atlantis.xml: file changed to atlantis.xml.in/ and passed through
- data/atlantis.applications: file got added so atlantis will get
registered to the mime system.
- data/Makefile.am: uncomment entry for atlantis.application,
added intltool macro for *.xml.in files, updated filelist for make
dist and separated the ui xml file to it's own section.
2003-05-10 Ali Akcaagac
- src/atlantis.h: replaced the (C) sign with xc2xa9.
- src/atlantis-interface.c (atlantis_initialize_gtk_hpaned):
changed the panesize to 225 pixels in the initial function.
- src/atlantis.c (main): removed extra functioncall to set the
panesize to 225 pixels because we do it in the initial function
- configure.in: bumped atlantis version to 0.1.1 (alpha).
- src/atlantis.c (load_bookmarks): search for bookmarks in
~/.atlantis directory now and fall back to supplied bookmarks file
if none is found there.
- src/atlantis.c (recursive_parser): remove gtk_events_pending
and gtk_main_iteration_do. we don't need to check for pending
events because the parser is fast enough to parse stuff before any
gui action takes place.
- src/atlantis.c (bookmark_parser): remove gtk_events_pending and
gtk_main_iteration_do. we don't need to check for pending events
because the parser is fast enough to parse stuff before any gui
action takes place.
Firestarter is visual firewall tool for GNOME. The program
features a friendly setup wizard, a real time hit monitor, an
advanced rules based system for traffic shaping and many advanced
features like kernel tuning, NAT and port forwarding setup
Changes in this version
- Fix segfault when resolving names, patch by Olivier Abad.
- Updated list of non-routable networks (so called bogons).
- Fixed Reject packets setting not working.
- Fixed some issues with the parsing of resolv.conf.
- Support for the metalog and syslog-ng log formats.
- Tested to work with Slackware 9, should work with Gentoo.
- Slightly less preferences, more of "It Just Works(tm)".
- Misc. other bug fixes.
- Translation updates by Alexandre Folle de Menezes (pt_BR),
Duarte Loreto (pt), Christian Rose (sv), Pablo Saratxaga (vi),
Takeshi Aihana (ja), Kostas Papadimas (el), Christian Neumair (de),
Francisco Javier Fernandez (es), Jeroen van der Vegt (nl), Abel
Cheung (zh_TW), Stanislav Visnovsky (sk), Kjartan Maraas (no),
Alessio Dessi (it) and the Serbian translation team (sr).
Firestarter is available from http://firestarter.sourceforge.net
Program screenshot: http://firestarter.sourceforge.net/fs-mistshot.png
Gnome-themes-extras "Gnomes are like onions" 0.1 is released
In order to lighten your day we now announce the first public
release of the gnome-themes-extras package. It is a package with
extra metathemes for GNOME 2.2 and higher.
You find screenshots, descriptions and download instructions
There is also an unofficial rpm package for RH 9 available here:
Credits for this release goes to:
Jacub 'Jimmac' Steiner for his work on Gorilla Yanko Kaneti for
SPEC file hacking
Alex Duggan for the build system
David Vignoni for Lush and Nuvola icons Andrew Johnson for his
Smooth theme engine and themes Matthew McClintock for his Wasp
And me :)
Pablo Gonzalo del Campo for the Spanish translation Duarte
Loreto for the Portuguese translation Abel Cheung for the
traditional Chinese translation Jordi Mallach for the Catalan
translation Christian Rose for the swedish translation
Other small fixes:
Special thanks to:
Dom Lachowicz for his work on librsvg
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus@linuxrising.org>